I think I'm going to have to

Unread post

Hire a private CS agency to collect what my ex owes.

I just feel like I'm out of options. I need about 2 grand to catch up on bills and such. I don't have anything left to sell. No one I know can loan it to me. And I can't take out a loan because I can't pay it back. Same with a credit card. I can't make the monthly payments and I would not qualify for one anyways.

I know a few people this agency has helped so I may end up having to call them and see what they say.

Ex currently pays CS and a small amount towards arrears. About $30 a month towards arrears and that's it. He owes 7 grand to me because he didn't pay for 5 years.

I feel bad though and I know I should not. He is not in my son's life just pays CS. It would not cause him financial hardship. I know his bills so that's why I know.

Thoughts?
Uh huh

Unread post

So he isn't in your life but you know how much his bills are.
Lmao

Unread post

Uh huh wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:32 pm So he isn't in your life but you know how much his bills are.
Lmao

He has contacted me bitching about CS before which led us into a discussion about it. He thinks he can't afford it but he has no bills. He lives with his parents and per his own words they don't charge him rent. He has no other kids. But he owns a vehicle and has a bank account so those are two things that can be garnished.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You should have already done this. He did this to himself by not paying cs for 5 years..........

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:37 pm You should have already done this. He did this to himself by not paying cs for 5 years..........

I thought about it. But since he was paying and I didn't need it I let it go. Now I do need it.

Unread post

Granted I could be wrong but if he’s paying child support AND arrearages then I don’t think a PI is going to Help you at all.

Their job is to find someone who’s hiding, isn’t paying their child support. They aren’t going to be able to make him give you more, that would be as judge who would need to have his wages garnished.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He's making a payments for the arrears... I don't think it's going to go the way you want it to, but good luck.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:42 pm He's making payments for the arrears... I don't think it's going to go the way you want it to, but good luck.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What do you think this agency is going to be able to Do? You already know where he is, and there is an order already in place. Unless by "agency" you mean someone that will beat the cash out of him, I dont know what services they can provide.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ditto what the others said. If he's following the order as it is now, I'm not sure what you are expecting to happen.
Locked Previous topicNext topic