this is ridiculous

Anonymous 3

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2020 5:26 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 pm 20200529_180819.jpg

stew meat used to be around $8 or $9. . No beef stew ror us, I guess.
Ground beef is 20_23 for 3 lbs.
London broil s 25.00 for 4 lbs

You do realize that the meat processing plants were shut down.
See smart preppers have 350- 400 pounds beef, chicken, pork..etc in several large freezers, dumbasses have to pay crazy prices nowπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Meat that has been frozen for several months...a year? Sounds so appetizing!
Smart people rotate the meat, but you wouldn't know about that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: ↑Fri May 29, 2020 11:38 pm That's about the average where I shop for stew meat.

Find some other type of beef (or whatever meat you might use for stew) that will be less expensive and make you own stew meat.
I've always believed "stew meat" WAS the crap left over from other cuts.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Right?! I like to keep a small stockpile of things like beans and rice but I'd rather pay outrageous prices for meat than eat meat that's been sitting in a freezer. If that makes me a dumbass then I'm okay with that.
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 pm 20200529_180819.jpg

stew meat used to be around $8 or $9. . No beef stew ror us, I guess.

See smart preppers have 350- 400 pounds beef, chicken, pork..etc in several large freezers, dumbasses have to pay crazy prices nowπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 1:48 pm
mcginnisc wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 9:16 am Thus the reason I go to Sam's. I buy in bulk, portion it and vacuum seal it. I bought just under 4.5 lbs of stew meat a couple of days ago and paid $27..It's cheaper that way.
Whoa, jealous over here!! there is no stew meat to be found at our wholesale club. I go to Sam’s way too often, lol, there has been no stew meat or really anything besides some steaks & large brisket for the past 7-8 visits!
Sam's has not had the logs of ground beef, but they had 3 packs the other day. Everything is a limit of 1 though.. I bought a 2 pk of whole chickens, 5 lbs of chicken thighs, 1 3 pk of ground beef, 10 lbs of chicken breasts, 6.5 lbs of wings, the stew meat, 6.5 lbs of baby backs, and a good size pork loin.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 3:14 pm
mcginnisc wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 9:16 am Thus the reason I go to Sam's. I buy in bulk, portion it and vacuum seal it. I bought just under 4.5 lbs of stew meat a couple of days ago and paid $27..It's cheaper that way.
Whoa, jealous over here!! there is no stew meat to be found at our wholesale club. I go to Sam’s way too often, lol, there has been no stew meat or really anything besides some steaks & large brisket for the past 7-8 visits!
Sam's has not had the logs of ground beef, but they had 3 packs the other day. Everything is a limit of 1 though.. I bought a 2 pk of whole chickens, 5 lbs of chicken thighs, 1 3 pk of ground beef, 10 lbs of chicken breasts, 6.5 lbs of wings, the stew meat, 6.5 lbs of baby backs, and a good size pork loin.
Oh stop, now you’re just bragging to the common meatless people ;) :) lol, just teasing, sounds good though! We’re eating trout today β€” much to one child’s dismay, our seafood and fish consumption is greatly increasing! I am sort of rationing the freezer supply, just in case.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We go to a butcher a little over an hour from here. We place the order online then pick up when we are notified it's ready and pay a fair price.

It was always expensive here because we are in a rural area and the grocery store owners know a lot of people don't want to leave town to shop but they have really taken advantage of Covid and the meat processing plant situations. We know quite a few people who are leaving town for butcher shops and some others who are buying meat from those who send cattle to the slaughterhouse.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That’s for 3 pounds though. $5.99 a pound isn’t expensive.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Smart people rotate the meat, but you wouldn't know about that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah no. Even rotating meat it would take a very long time to get through 400lbs. and have the meat not be disgusting and old from sitting so damn long. Try again.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Of course. Having an abundance of rice in a pantry is completely different than storing frozen meat for that long ! Yuck.
Anonymous 5 wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 2:19 pm Right?! I like to keep a small stockpile of things like beans and rice but I'd rather pay outrageous prices for meat than eat meat that's been sitting in a freezer. If that makes me a dumbass then I'm okay with that.

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 3:21 pm
mcginnisc wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 3:14 pm

Oh stop, now you’re just bragging to the common meatless people ;) :) lol, just teasing, sounds good though! We’re eating trout today β€” much to one child’s dismay, our seafood and fish consumption is greatly increasing! I am sort of rationing the freezer supply, just in case.
I've gotten lucky when I've gone to Sam's the last couple of times finding what I have found. I was at Ingles today and they were stocked up with meat, but produce was gone for the most part. I got what I could as far as what I needed for produce, but I'm going to have to hit Kroger later this week since Ingles didn't have everything I needed.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic