If you have grown kids...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

At what age did they move out? Was it for a job, school, relationship, to be more independent, etc.? Were they completely on their own or living with a roommate/friend/boyfriend?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My 3 stepsons are in their 30's now.

The oldest went to the Job Corps at 18, now lives with his wife and 3 kids. He works in construction.

Middle left for college at 18, quit after a semester, and lives with a girlfriend now. He's a truck driver/delivery man for Coke.

Youngest also went to college at 18, is a middle school math teacher, and has his own apartment.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:02 am At what age did they move out? Was it for a job, school, relationship, to be more independent, etc.? Were they completely on their own or living with a roommate/friend/boyfriend?
First 2 lived at home while going to college after they finshed they immediately hired and moved out. They were each around 23/24
Next two lived off campus, we paid tuition, apt, rent, utilities...everything. They were hired after also and kept the apartments until they bought their first house.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oldest is SN’s.
#2 was 18/19 her dog and my dogs started to fight so she moved out so she could keep her dog. She lived with a roommate.
#3 was 19 and moved in with his girlfriend (now wife).
#4 semi-moved out (at 19) and moved in with #2 and her boyfriend while she went to school. I say semi-cause she lives there during the week (rent free) and came home on the weekends. She moved out officially’ish by 21 with her boyfriend.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

My first son moved out at 18 for college pretty far away and lived there all 4 years except visits home. He has an apartment now with a roommate. He will be 23 in August. My second son moved out at 18 for college also into the dorms. His school is about an hour and a half away, so close. He is now 19 and moves into a shared 4 bed/4bath apartment in August. Rent there is only $365 a month so I anticipate he won't have to move back home for any reason. Hopefully? LOL.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My nineteen year old moved to the dorms just before he turned 18. But he's home now. Covid-19.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I mean they haven’t. I’m so ready though.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My stepson lived at home his first two years of college. He moved into his first apartment his junior year. We covered all the costs.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My son (23) is still living at home going to college. My older daughter moved out at 17 for college. She finished college this month and has been living with her boyfriend since covid. I’ll be moving in the next few months and she plans on moving in when We get a new house. My youngest plans on leaving for college this August and never moving back in.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Son #1 moved out at 18, came back at 19 and struggled for the next several years figuring out life.
Son #2 moved out at 18 and although he struggled figuring out adulthood he never moved back home.

They both always knew they were welcome to come home if they need or wanted to.
Locked Previous topicNext topic