LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:45 am
Lotus wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:40 pm I grow and dry a lot of my own. I really need to get it better organized, too many different size glass jars.
That is awesome. I often thought about growing some of my own spices.

sage, oregano, thyme, rosemary, mint, marjoram, parsley, cilantro, dill etc.. all grow so lovely in pots if you don't have space outside OR your yard isnt set up for it. I am seriously thinking about investing in a macro grow system for my leafy greens. The last three years e choli has been an issue. I am thinking about getting one of these systems.
https://www.city-hydro.com/product-page ... w-system-6 and perhaps sell my overage at the farmers market.
That is fun!

I grow lots of herbs. I now have a chive problem, lol, it is as invasive as mint, and I had no idea...I have chives like all over my yard & my flower beds. It’s like the attack of the chives, it is crazy. I do feel like I could supply the entire KC area.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

20200529_065631.jpg
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:26 am
Lotus wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:45 am

That is awesome. I often thought about growing some of my own spices.

sage, oregano, thyme, rosemary, mint, marjoram, parsley, cilantro, dill etc.. all grow so lovely in pots if you don't have space outside OR your yard isnt set up for it. I am seriously thinking about investing in a macro grow system for my leafy greens. The last three years e choli has been an issue. I am thinking about getting one of these systems.
https://www.city-hydro.com/product-page ... w-system-6 and perhaps sell my overage at the farmers market.
That is fun!

I grow lots of herbs. I now have a chive problem, lol, it is as invasive as mint, and I had no idea...I have chives like all over my yard & my flower beds. It’s like the attack of the chives, it is crazy. I do feel like I could supply the entire KC area.
I am experiencing the same problem with my chives this spring. they are coming up everywhere in my flowerbed right now.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

;)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 am Have any of you come up with creative or little known spice storage solutions? I've been scouring the internet on and off and I've still found nothing that works for my kitchen. I have tons of spices and I like for them to be accessible.
I have a butlers pantry where I keep my large restaurant size spice containers but I have 2:specially built slide out shelves built into my lapkitchen cabinets
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-05-30-05-35-48.png
Anonymous 4

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:38 am
highlandmum wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm I have something like this.

how-to-make-a-tiered-spice-drawer-insert-10.jpg
We have at least 60 different spices, so my husband built a spice rack for the pantry door, but even that is not big enough.
My DH hates how many spices I have. He just keeps asking me if I need them all. I just stand there and look at him with a blank stare when he says this. I would love to redo my kitchen and have one of these installed in it

101_01.jpg
Just make sure the pull out cabinets are not next to the oven
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just keep mine in the two shallow drawers next to my stove. I never found a rack/tiered shelf/contraption that I liked.

If I had a pantry with a door, I'd probably put a giant rack on the back of the door.

midland-premium-spice-rack-9.jpg
midland-premium-spice-rack-9.jpg (30.65 KiB) Viewed 175 times
20200530_234850.jpg
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:56 am
highlandmum wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:38 am

We have at least 60 different spices, so my husband built a spice rack for the pantry door, but even that is not big enough.
My DH hates how many spices I have. He just keeps asking me if I need them all. I just stand there and look at him with a blank stare when he says this. I would love to redo my kitchen and have one of these installed in it

101_01.jpg
Just make sure the pull out cabinets are not next to the oven
They would not be. They would be next to the stove top, the ovens would be wall ovens.
Locked Previous topicNext topic