Spinoff of Lena's 'big family christmas' post

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I see people saying in her post that she buys too much, she's tone deaf, people are struggling etc. She says she spends $150 a child. I think that is way below what most spend on their kids for Christmas. I know years vary but I would say on average I spend $400 a kid. (I have 4) How much do you spend in an average year for their Christmas gifts on 1 kid?
supermama322
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Did she finally admit she is Lena?

I budget about 150 per kid for Santa presents, then 150-200ish per kid for presents from us/siblings. My Mum does their stockings and spends WAY too much on those.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm not here to brag about how much I spend or don't spend, but I do agree $150 per child is lower than average and I think most missed the point of her post. The post doesn't mean she's poor, it certainly doesn't mean she's rich. It just means she sticks to her budget and is frugal/minimalistic in that she doesn't like to buy a ton more than is necessary and passes items down from child to child.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

supermama322 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:41 pm Did she finally admit she is Lena?

I budget about 150 per kid for Santa presents, then 150-200ish per kid for presents from us/siblings. My Mum does their stockings and spends WAY too much on those.
LOL no. I believe she says her name is Olive now! I don't divide up Santa/us gifts money wise. Never even thought to do that. Though they are all older now (youngest is 12) so the Santa thing is over. Boo.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have no idea what I spend on Christmas. I try not to go overboard but I focus on the number of presents being equal rather then the price of the presents and I start shopping pretty early so it makes it harder to keep track when you pick up little things here and there.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I think we spent about $500 per kid this year.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My name isn’t Lena, lol. I think some people are just going to be negative no matter what.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

supermama322 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:41 pm Did she finally admit she is Lena?

I’m not and there’s literally zero reason to think so, people just want to act like bullies because they have nothing better to do.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When our big kids were little I would say we did maybe 200 per kid. Now, the presents are a lot less because their stuff is more expensive. But for my 3 year old I probably spent $200 between his bday and Xmas and his bday is 9 days before xmas. He has a lot already.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have one child.. I’ll admit I spend a lot.. I try to stay around 1500 (not saying I spend that much each yr). Some yrs her list is small some years not so small.

As far as what others spend I don’t care.. spend a dollar or several thousand it doesn’t matter or impact my life.
Locked Previous topicNext topic