Sorry survivors. Not every claim of sexual assault is equal

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

As per Michigan's Gov Whitless. Even CNN is looking worried.

#metooisajoke
#youdontgiveashit

KAG
Mean Girl
QLuv

Unread post

The #metoo movement is a joke.I love how it's come back to bite the left.They are worried and rightly so.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't have said every claim is unequal but otherwise the problem is what exactly? She feels every victim should be heard and vetted. She believes Biden is innocent. And? And why do we care what the governor thinks anyway unless we live in Michigan.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

QLuv wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:48 pm The #metoo movement is a joke.I love how it's come back to bite the left.They are worried and rightly so.
Man, did they backpedal when Biden was accused! Lol
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:50 pm I wouldn't have said every claim is unequal but otherwise the problem is what exactly? She feels every victim should be heard and vetted. She believes Biden is innocent. And? And why do we care what the governor thinks anyway unless we live in Michigan.
How quickly people no longer #believewomen now that the accused is a Democrat.

Democrats will not get away with this disgusting display of hypocrisy.

Oh yeah. Biden’s perverted old ass is going to get dragged to trial. I cant wait to watch all the #metoo fembots lose their shit.

#whatgoesaroundcomesaround
KAG
Mean Girl
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:13 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:50 pm I wouldn't have said every claim is unequal but otherwise the problem is what exactly? She feels every victim should be heard and vetted. She believes Biden is innocent. And? And why do we care what the governor thinks anyway unless we live in Michigan.
How quickly people no longer #believewomen now that the accused is a Democrat.

Democrats will not get away with this disgusting display of hypocrisy.

Oh yeah. Biden’s perverted old ass is going to get dragged to trial. I cant wait to watch all the #metoo fembots lose their shit.

#whatgoesaroundcomesaround
Not everything is goddamned politics. I was willing to assume Cavaugh or however it's spelled, was innocent. If Biden is proven to be a pervert then I'll be the first to say so. But like Cavaugh we assume innocent until proven guilty. Trump is certainly not innocent either. And again...Why should I worry what a governor of a state I don't live in has to say? If Biden gets before a judge then I'll listen to what HE or SHE says.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wish the #metoo movement had been that women should be heard rather than believed but subtile messaging is never effective in a movement. The fact that Reade is being heard in 2020 is commendable - she wouldn't have been in prior years. That doesn't mean that she should automatically be believed. Her case is weak and should be judged accordingly. Again, IMO, #believewomen was misguided but necessary. Extremes often are. #listentowomen would have been more appropriate but not nearly as strong a message.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:46 pm I wish the #metoo movement had been that women should be heard rather than believed but subtile messaging is never effective in a movement. The fact that Reade is being heard in 2020 is commendable - she wouldn't have been in prior years. That doesn't mean that she should automatically be believed. Her case is weak and should be judged accordingly. Again, IMO, #believewomen was misguided but necessary. Extremes often are. #listentowomen would have been more appropriate but not nearly as strong a message.
Valid point. Nuances count.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:46 pm I wish the #metoo movement had been that women should be heard rather than believed but subtile messaging is never effective in a movement. The fact that Reade is being heard in 2020 is commendable - she wouldn't have been in prior years. That doesn't mean that she should automatically be believed. Her case is weak and should be judged accordingly. Again, IMO, #believewomen was misguided but necessary. Extremes often are. #listentowomen would have been more appropriate but not nearly as strong a message.
This is a good point. 🤔 Never thought of that.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The #metoo movement was never about women, or even victims.
It was always about destroying political opponents.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic