Protests sweep California as governor promises changes to lockdown

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

California’s governor, Gavin Newsom, promised “meaningful” adjustments to stay-at-home orders in the coming days as thousands of protesters gathered across the state in defiance of the lockdown.

Demonstrations took place from the capital of Sacramento to San Francisco and San Diego, while large crowds turned out in Orange county’s Huntington Beach, a recent flashpoint after Newsom ordered beaches there to close.

Newsom said that the state was “getting very close” to making changes that would affect how businesses, including restaurants, could operate, and urged residents to be patient. He said the announcement of the changes would come in “days, not weeks”.
https://news.yahoo.com/protests-sweep-c ... 31345.html
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They just want to go to the beach. Americans don’t like the idea of sacrifice.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:01 pm They just want to go to the beach. Americans don’t like the idea of sacrifice.
They want to go back to work. Americans don't like the idea of having their livelihood taken away from them.

But what do you care? You're not in the tax bracket of peasants.
KAG
Mean Girl
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:02 pm
Very little physical distance between them, no masks on most of them. They seem to be unintentionally making the point of why government orders are necessary - they aren’t behaving in a way that’ll stop the spread on their own, while arguing that the government shouldn’t be forcing them to.
Lana90day
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Dozens arrested after hundreds storm California's Capitol to protest stay-at-home orders

California Highway Patrol said 32 people were arrested and cited for violated a public health order, and one person was booked into the Sacramento County Jail.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/loca ... 22abd33c5b
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I suppose the government could bar up everyone's doors so they can't go outside, like the Chinese government did.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am in that tax bracket and I want a vaccine first.
morgan wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:04 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:01 pm They just want to go to the beach. Americans don’t like the idea of sacrifice.
They want to go back to work. Americans don't like the idea of having their livelihood taken away from them.

But what do you care? You're not in the tax bracket of peasants.
QLuv

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:02 pm
Newsom is a tyrant!
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t know.

I’m in the tax bracket of “ I could live happily in the forest without running water or electricity for the rest of time”

So I am not prioritizing money over life. But I know everyone is in a different situation.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic