Are you someone who does whatever you want, whenever you want

Lgander
Villein
Villein

Unread post

No. I was a “people pleaser”and obeyed my parents. And then my DH. ( for a while)
I was a good daughter, a good friend, and I totally devoted myself to being a mom and made my choices to fit into my DH’s life and career.
I should have been more decisive and consider what I needed then.
I’m just now learning to make decision that are good for me.
Masterchemum

Unread post

Rules are meant to be followed.

Unread post

SisterSomeone wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:28 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:35 pm
SisterSomeone wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:14 pm Well... This is a pretty unpopular opinion, but I firmly believe that most rules were put in place by people of, at best, average intelligence. If you're bright enough or committed enough, you can figure out how to do whatever you want, whenever you want, without straight up breaking most rules. And I happen to quite enjoy pushing buttons for my own entertainment, and finding loopholes and workarounds and ways to bend the rules.

tl;dr: I do whatever I want, whenever I want, but I do it smart.
Limit pushing, boundary testing, and F***ing with people just isn’t the same thing as outright breaking rules. My children are master negotiators (which, as their mom, I often find super obnoxious), and I encourage them to think for themselves and question things that seem silly or unfair. That’s very different than encouraging rule breaking in a manner that won’t get them caught. So I’m very curious what exactly your response is advocating....
And I'm very curious where you got the idea that I was advocating anything. There was a question, I answered what I do, that's it. But if you're really curious, then my point was actually much closer to "you can break most rules without getting caught if you use your head" than it was to "you can question and negotiate". In fact, I find that most of the time negotiating and asking for permission isn't worth the effort.
Meh, you said it was a “firm belief.”

I have spent 20 years of my life working in investment banks. I’m well aware that it’s far easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, but I’ve also seen what happens when you break the wrong rule......
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:53 pm I enjoy testing limits and pushing people’s buttons for my own amusement and/or the amusement of others. Is that what you’re asking, or are you more talking about going 90mph in a 25mph zone and then being surprised when you’re charged with reckless driving?
Haha me too.
But I have to be good since certain posters hump the report button. Some can dish but can't handle it.
I shit glitter

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:06 am
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:53 pm I enjoy testing limits and pushing people’s buttons for my own amusement and/or the amusement of others. Is that what you’re asking, or are you more talking about going 90mph in a 25mph zone and then being surprised when you’re charged with reckless driving?
Haha me too.
But I have to be good since certain posters hump the report button. Some can dish but can't handle it.
😂 I’m having a lively argument with her right now!
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:15 am
Haha me too.
Which post?
I shit glitter

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:19 am
Haha me too.
Which post?
The birthday party sharing one. But I’ll warn you she’s brought out my inner bitch.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No I am usually very mindful of rules.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:29 am

Which post?
The birthday party sharing one. But I’ll warn you she’s brought out my inner bitch.
Ahhh yes. No big surprise. Her running her mouth about her dh accomplishments but none of her own. Oh wait..she has her cheese curls. That's something, right?
I shit glitter
RedBottoms

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:33 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:29 am
Which post?
Ahhh yes. No big surprise. Her running her mouth about her dh accomplishments but none of her own. Oh wait..she has her cheese curls. That's something, right?
what are cheese curls? Is that a fat reference?

You are kinda arguing with yourself. One minute I talk about myself too much and the next I only talk about my husband? Which is it.

I have plenty of accomplishments. More than him actually. I was a child model and child star for one thing. He never did shit as a child. I did a Sea Ray boat photo spread as a kid and a local commercial that ran for years all before I was 8. Then I did some pageants and did okay but child beauty pageants were not really my thing. Then I got into dancing more and got a million accomplishments with that.

Several national titles with my dance team and assistant coached the Junior team that also won several national titles. Danced in the Magic Kingdom main street parade twice. Danced in the 1995 Citrus Bowl half time show (I was a flamingo so you can look it up to fact check. I twirled the sun at the finale and danced to Shake your Tail Feathers.). I got a dance/theater/choreography scholarship to one college that was full tuition. Got another private scholarship I won with an essay to my university that was $1000 a year which was not a ton but hey I will take it.

Now I am accomplishing a ton as a momager for my son that dances. I have helped him book several gigs including his first technical professional gig this summer where he was paid in free merchandise.

Graduated high school and college with honors. Never been divorced. No children out of wedlock. No criminal record. No outstanding debt.

I am quite proud of myself. I would be prouder if I was a Rockette at some point but hey I was two inches too short. It is what it is.
Locked Previous topicNext topic