Poll: This Affects* Everyone and The Site so Please Vote!

How to Fix The Site

Purge posts made in the very beginning
14%
Cut styles down to 2 and get rid of some extensions
13%
Keep everything and deal with speed issues and random errors that may pop up
5%
Purge old posts and cut down on styles
67%

Total votes: 129
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Skip, you are such an awesome human being, I really think that you should do whatever is necessary to lighten your load and eliminate any aggravations as you deem fit.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am Yeah and I was planning on cutting members who have never posted either way because there’s no point in keeping them.

So to all the lurkers, make a post or you’re account is gone lol.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:51 am What about doing some stuff from each catagory

Remove all posts from may 2018 to october 2019

Cut down the styles to 2 or 3 but keep the extensions.

Do a poll on the styles

Get rid of the accounts that havent posted in 6 months.

Would doing the above help?
Get rid of the people with multiple SN's.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Purge posts and cut styles
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd vote "other".

Going forwards I'd allow unlimited linking to external images, and either ban users from uploading images, or give each user a quota (either monthly or total), so they could decide which images they felt were really important, and which were just duplicates of cats saying stuff. You could even tie the quota into the points system.

For the existing images, I see no good reason to store them in a database. Migrate them over to being static links (possibly to a separate server), and allow them to be cached.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:14 pm I'd vote "other".

Going forwards I'd allow unlimited linking to external images, and either ban users from uploading images, or give each user a quota (either monthly or total), so they could decide which images they felt were really important, and which were just duplicates of cats saying stuff. You could even tie the quota into the points system.

For the existing images, I see no good reason to store them in a database. Migrate them over to being static links (possibly to a separate server), and allow them to be cached.
What point system? Thats been gone for awhile now
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm cool with purging posts and limiting styles. But I will pay you to keep H2O. Name your price. I think it's the only dark mode style, if there's another one let me know.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I voted to purge posts, but I'm reluctant to vote for that. I think I'd rather see members that have been inactive for 6+ months go before posts do.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If you purge members who haven't been active in a year, would that mean the screen name becomes available again?

I liked my original screen name. I however forgot my password to log on. So I had to change my SN.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yep, and I can reset your password if you want your old sn back.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:18 pm If you purge members who haven't been active in a year, would that mean the screen name becomes available again?

I liked my original screen name. I however forgot my password to log on. So I had to change my SN.
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I set up a new cdn system that seems to have sped up the site quite a bit. I think if we cut down styles, purge inactive members, cut down on the sub forums we can make things work much better around here. I also like the idea of limiting the use of attachments because those definitely fill up the database quick. Using the img tags when possible is the best way to go with memes.

These fixes don’t cure the database issue but could at least by us some time. If it’s still not working well though then I’ll definitely need to set up an auto delete for old posts.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Locked Previous topicNext topic