Funeral Attire/drama

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't wear dresses or skirts thats not my thing...in fact i have an extremely limited wardrobe and i have 1 funeral dress...3 immediate family members passed this year and my mother is blowing up my phone about what me and my son is going to be wearing to my grandfather's funeral.

I said my funeral dress! Da f**k?! I only have 1! The store doesnt sell my size pantyhose so essentially im thinking of wearing black jeans instead (im plus sized)

Anyway my son doesnt have any funeral clothes at all...he's outgrown them...he also outgrew his dress shoes so he only has white tennis shoes..

I say we come as we are ! Funeral is only 15 minutes...only 10 ppl there literally only our immediate fanily members were not even going to make 10 people!

Now my mother is having a hissy fit because we have no clothes to wear

Who are we dressing to impress?

She's also mad at my dd for not wanting to go.Dd says she's been to too many funerals and it makes her stomach hurt(she's autistic and has a long history of anxiety/depression)my mother yelled at her over the phone saying she's disrespecting my granfather if she doesnt come...which is bullshit...my uncle died a few months ago and my grandfather didnt even come to his funeral !
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Funeral is on Thursday.I'm thinking i should wear my black jeans a nice top and shoes...ds can wear his blue khakis and blue polo (school uniform)and his sneakers

I don't feel like wearing that dress with no stockings. My mother is going to be pissed.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Tell your mother to get her priorities straight. And then use the broken record technique on her.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm sorry for your loss.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Shopping for funeral clothes (except online) is not a good idea right now. The important thing is to go and support your family. Your daughter shouldn't be forced to go. Traditionally black is worn to show you're in mourning. But people now don't necessarily follow that recommendation. Your mother is acting this way because the grief and stress is affecting her. I'm sorry for your loss.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:35 pm I don't wear dresses or skirts thats not my thing...in fact i have an extremely limited wardrobe and i have 1 funeral dress...3 immediate family members passed this year and my mother is blowing up my phone about what me and my son is going to be wearing to my grandfather's funeral.

I said my funeral dress! Da f**k?! I only have 1! The store doesnt sell my size pantyhose so essentially im thinking of wearing black jeans instead (im plus sized)

Anyway my son doesnt have any funeral clothes at all...he's outgrown them...he also outgrew his dress shoes so he only has white tennis shoes..

I say we come as we are ! Funeral is only 15 minutes...only 10 ppl there literally only our immediate fanily members were not even going to make 10 people!

She's also mad at my dd for not wanting to go.Dd says she's been to too many funerals and it makes her stomach hurt(she's autistic and has a long history of anxiety/depression)my mother yelled at her over the phone saying she's disrespecting my granfather if she doesnt come...which is bullshit...my uncle died a few months ago and my grandfather didnt even come to his funeral !
I think it's silly that people get all ate up over things like this. Pretty sure the dead really don't give a flying leap what anyone wears.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sorry for your loss. This isn't Victorian society, where you absolutely HAD to wear black in a certain material. Wear what you're comfortable in, same with ds. Mom is obviously mourning, and some do so by taking control of what they can get their hands on, to feel in control. She's got enough on her plate, as do you. Again, wear what you want and she will deal.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You not only have a limited wardrobe, you also have a limited vocabulary.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:35 pm I don't wear dresses or skirts thats not my thing...in fact i have an extremely limited wardrobe and i have 1 funeral dress...3 immediate family members passed this year and my mother is blowing up my phone about what me and my son is going to be wearing to my grandfather's funeral.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

You shouldn't be going to a funeral right now anyway
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m sorry for your losses.
I gotta ask, where are you that funerals are still allowed?
Having said that, I don’t have “funeral clothes” probably because I’m Jewish and in Judaism burials happen so fast, most people arrive with the clothes they’re wearing. Same for visiting those sitting Shivah (7 days of mourning). Most people just show up on their regular clothes.
From what I’ve seen, though, funeral attire really is just something not only casual and in subdued colors.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Locked Previous topicNext topic