Trump suggests taking meds then adds “ what do I know?”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The biggest success for hydroxychloroquine is it's ability to become a focal point, and distract from the colossal failure of the WH to address the pandemic from the start.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:58 am
jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 pm Guaranteed he has stock in some sort of company that manufactures that.

That plus his ego. He won't wear a mask because that would be visual proof that he was wrong about the virus from the get-go, and show "weakness", but he'll tout this unproven medication until his last breath because it was his idea (so to speak) and he absolutely cannot be wrong, even as it kills people. I believe it was Sweden that was trying it and some of the side effects were pretty disastrous.

The cure was worse than the disease, if I could borrow a phrase...
Our IL governor and mayor of Chicago aren't wearing masks either. What does that mean? Governor toilets detests Trump, as is evidenced by every other sentence being an attempted jab at the fed/administration. Is he wearing a mask in a show of solidarity with Trump? I highly doubt that.

The medication IS proven. 2 doctors have been treating covid patients with nearly 100% success with it. The FDA signed off. You can easily look this up.

I'm much more frightened that Bill Gates, Mr Eugenics, owns chunks of the vaccine manufacturers. Vaccines that he heavily pushes and forces on third world countries, which have maimed countless children. Check India.

People really have to start looking at things for themselves and using logic instead of simply parroting what the talking heads keep telling you to think.

The medicine hasn't been tested on enough people to know for sure if it's going to work. Two doctors using it doesn't prove anything. The head of the AMA has warned about the serious side effects it can have, including death.

Trump needs to STFU and let the doctors and scientists do their jobs.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 pm Guaranteed he has stock in some sort of company that manufactures that.

That plus his ego. He won't wear a mask because that would be visual proof that he was wrong about the virus from the get-go, and show "weakness", but he'll tout this unproven medication until his last breath because it was his idea (so to speak) and he absolutely cannot be wrong, even as it kills people. I believe it was Sweden that was trying it and some of the side effects were pretty disastrous.

Our IL governor and mayor of Chicago aren't wearing masks either. What does that mean? Governor toilets detests Trump, as is evidenced by every other sentence being an attempted jab at the fed/administration. Is he wearing a mask in a show of solidarity with Trump? I highly doubt that.

The medication IS proven. 2 doctors have been treating covid patients with nearly 100% success with it. The FDA signed off. You can easily look this up.

I'm much more frightened that Bill Gates, Mr Eugenics, owns chunks of the vaccine manufacturers. Vaccines that he heavily pushes and forces on third world countries, which have maimed countless children. Check India.

People really have to start looking at things for themselves and using logic instead of simply parroting what the talking heads keep telling you to think.
Maybe you should take your own advice to heart. Spreading misinformation is shameful.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lingev wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:51 am
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:42 am President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.
Yup.
He is continuing to make money off of the presidency along with his other “enterprises”.
Not surprised.
Yep. According to Marketwatch his investment is worth between $99-1,500. Wow! It’s part of a blind trust and is a 3.33% stake.
The report doesn’t say how small, but it notes that his three family trusts have investments in a Dodge & Cox mutual fund whose largest holding is Sanofi. A fund that matches this description is the Dodge & Cox International Stock Fund DODFX+1.32% which at last check was 3.3% invested in Sanofi.

Trump’s 2019 financial-disclosure form lists stakes in Family Trusts 1, 2 and 3 valued at between $1,001 and $15,000. So if Trump has the maximum $15,000 in each of the trusts, he holds a stake in Sanofi that’s worth $1,485 — and, at the minimum, just $99.
https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/g ... ssion=true
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:07 am
29again wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:22 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:17 am

I've wondered about the African continent and that light reporting, hoping that it is a case of being less affected yet still wondering if they're (like any country might) not sure of WHO has it due to inability to acquire the proper tests, PPE's, and so on. Kwim?

I will check out more about them, however.

It sounds like the drug has worked well for you as you've taken it for so long, which is great as well as very promising in general.
To be honest, I don't take it as prescribed. It does upset my stomach, and I can't deal with side effects. But, I've been on it and another one for quite a long while... I did start taking it again once news got out about it helping with this virus, because I'm still working every day. I figure I can use all the help I can get! But, I did realize that in all the time I've been on it, I have not had a cold, or any kind of flu... nothing more than a sniffle once in a while. 'The wheels are turning....
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you that it continues to help you!

May I ask what the other side effects have been for you?

I know that with any given medication, individuals who take 'it' will experience things while others won't.
The ONLY side effect from the hydroxychloroquine is the upset tummy. I HAVE to make sure I take in during a meal. With longterm use, meaning longer than 5 years, you have to get an eye exam, and not your normal exam, either! The figures I've heard is that there is no risk at 5 years, at 10 years 1% of people taking it (for all that time!) will get the beginning symptoms of macular degeneration. So, they begin testing at 5 years to get a baseline. And overall, the chances of that (MD) is quite small. It actually is a fairly safe drug.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:20 pm

The medicine hasn't been tested on enough people to know for sure if it's going to work. Two doctors using it doesn't prove anything. The head of the AMA has warned about the serious side effects it can have, including death.

Could you PLEASE link me to that? I have legit been taking this stuff for years. I check for interactions and side effects before I take ANY drug. I read the patient inserts from the pharmacy, even if I've been taking the med for a while because I might have forgotten something, or maybe I'm experiencing a side effect that I didn't realize was from that med... anyway, I have NEVER anywhere seen that death can result from taking this medication. Yes, there CAN be side effects, there can be side effects with simple aspirin.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:35 pm

Could you PLEASE link me to that? I have legit been taking this stuff for years. I check for interactions and side effects before I take ANY drug. I read the patient inserts from the pharmacy, even if I've been taking the med for a while because I might have forgotten something, or maybe I'm experiencing a side effect that I didn't realize was from that med... anyway, I have NEVER anywhere seen that death can result from taking this medication. Yes, there CAN be side effects, there can be side effects with simple aspirin.

It was a television interview with the president of the AMA. I was flipping back and forth between CNN and FOX so I don't remember which network it was on. Sorry.

She said the results had been mixed using the drug for the virus. Another doctor said it can cause cardiac arrhythmias, mess up blood counts, and cause mental side effects.

I"m wondering if the dosage for the virus is higher than the dosage that the drug is usually prescribed for. Maybe that's you haven't had any bad side effects. I have wondered why they were hesitant to prescribe it since it's already being used for other things.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 pm
29again wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:35 pm

It was a television interview with the president of the AMA. I was flipping back and forth between CNN and FOX so I don't remember which network it was on. Sorry.

She said the results had been mixed using the drug for the virus. Another doctor said it can cause cardiac arrhythmias, mess up blood counts, and cause mental side effects.

I"m wondering if the dosage for the virus is higher than the dosage that the drug is usually prescribed for. Maybe that's you haven't had any bad side effects. I have wondered why they were hesitant to prescribe it since it's already being used for other things.
There are any number of possible side effects just like with any drug. Most with this one are uncommon. This site says "incidence unknown."
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/hydroxychloro ... fects.html
From what I've read in a number of places, the dose is the same as for someone with RA, 2 200 mg tablets daily. Yeah, I learned the hard way about the side effects, even though mine is relatively mild. I ended up in the ER because of it. And that is why I am so careful when I take it now. But for someone who needs it for a WEEK, there really shouldn't be any side effects to speak of, unless they happen to be allergic to it. And there is no way to know that beforehand.

Also interesting is that Dr. Oz has not been able (so far) to find ANY patient taking this medication for lupus or RA who has gotten the virus..... Just saying that is something interesting.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:33 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 pm Maddow. 'Nuff said.

More about a drug that until Covid 19, I had no idea existed, and it's drawn my own interests for obvious reasons:

https://www.healthline.com/health/hydro ... de-effects

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601240.html

Also a testimony:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/detroi ... e-her-life

However, for ME, I find it still too experimental yet in a time where the world is scrambling to come up with answers and treatments, there will be a lot of unknowns and hopes placed on drugs such as this. *sigh Adds to the scariness of everything IMO.

As for Trump saying, "what do I know," I don't really see this is yet another gotcha moment directed at him but by all means....
Exactly! And if he hadn’t said that people would be bitching about him thinking he knows more than medical professionals. Fact is no matter what he says there are some who will find fault. I just look at the source of the comment. ‘Nuff said.
No matter what is said/done, some will find fault.

It's a hard sell that there might be alternative ways of looking at this and one that I honestly just don't have an interest in pursuing, kwim?
Deleted User 203

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:27 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:07 am
29again wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:22 am

To be honest, I don't take it as prescribed. It does upset my stomach, and I can't deal with side effects. But, I've been on it and another one for quite a long while... I did start taking it again once news got out about it helping with this virus, because I'm still working every day. I figure I can use all the help I can get! But, I did realize that in all the time I've been on it, I have not had a cold, or any kind of flu... nothing more than a sniffle once in a while. 'The wheels are turning....
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you that it continues to help you!

May I ask what the other side effects have been for you?

I know that with any given medication, individuals who take 'it' will experience things while others won't.
The ONLY side effect from the hydroxychloroquine is the upset tummy. I HAVE to make sure I take in during a meal. With longterm use, meaning longer than 5 years, you have to get an eye exam, and not your normal exam, either! The figures I've heard is that there is no risk at 5 years, at 10 years 1% of people taking it (for all that time!) will get the beginning symptoms of macular degeneration. So, they begin testing at 5 years to get a baseline. And overall, the chances of that (MD) is quite small. It actually is a fairly safe drug.
Thank you for sharing your personal history with this drug with me.

I have honestly never heard of it until the past month or so, and it now being a source of controversy with Covid, etc.

If it's helping you, THAT is all that matters.
Locked Previous topicNext topic