Trump suggests taking meds then adds “ what do I know?”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:33 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 pm Maddow. 'Nuff said.

More about a drug that until Covid 19, I had no idea existed, and it's drawn my own interests for obvious reasons:

https://www.healthline.com/health/hydro ... de-effects

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601240.html

Also a testimony:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/detroi ... e-her-life

However, for ME, I find it still too experimental yet in a time where the world is scrambling to come up with answers and treatments, there will be a lot of unknowns and hopes placed on drugs such as this. *sigh Adds to the scariness of everything IMO.

As for Trump saying, "what do I know," I don't really see this is yet another gotcha moment directed at him but by all means....
Exactly! And if he hadn’t said that people would be bitching about him thinking he knows more than medical professionals. Fact is no matter what he says there are some who will find fault. I just look at the source of the comment. ‘Nuff said.
The medical professionals are saying this is not tested enough yet to be considered effective. It’s extremely important that they stay impartial, science led and do not start making statements to make people feel better when that medical advice may be wrong.

Now to find out Donald Trump has a financial stake in the company that manufactures this drug?

This would be a huge deal in any other country besides America.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 pm Guaranteed he has stock in some sort of company that manufactures that.

That plus his ego. He won't wear a mask because that would be visual proof that he was wrong about the virus from the get-go, and show "weakness", but he'll tout this unproven medication until his last breath because it was his idea (so to speak) and he absolutely cannot be wrong, even as it kills people. I believe it was Sweden that was trying it and some of the side effects were pretty disastrous.

The cure was worse than the disease, if I could borrow a phrase...
Our IL governor and mayor of Chicago aren't wearing masks either. What does that mean? Governor toilets detests Trump, as is evidenced by every other sentence being an attempted jab at the fed/administration. Is he wearing a mask in a show of solidarity with Trump? I highly doubt that.

The medication IS proven. 2 doctors have been treating covid patients with nearly 100% success with it. The FDA signed off. You can easily look this up.

I'm much more frightened that Bill Gates, Mr Eugenics, owns chunks of the vaccine manufacturers. Vaccines that he heavily pushes and forces on third world countries, which have maimed countless children. Check India.

People really have to start looking at things for themselves and using logic instead of simply parroting what the talking heads keep telling you to think.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:42 am President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.
Two different doctors have been using it with nearly 100% success.

The FDA has signed off on it.

It is a drug already in use to treat other ailments.

We have to ask ourselves WHY certain organizations would be against a successful treatment. WHY do they want to keep us sick, debilitated, shut down?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:03 am
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:42 am President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

We have to ask ourselves WHY certain organizations would be against a successful treatment. WHY do they want to keep us sick, debilitated, shut down?
Medical scientists have rules they must follow. They can not tell us that something is safe when they are still in the phase of “ seems safe, but not sure”
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"On March 28, 2020, the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to allow hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate products donated to the Strategic National Stockpile(SNS) to be distributed and used for certain hospitalized patients with COVID-19. These drugs will be distributed from the SNS to states for doctors to prescribe to adolescent and adult patients hospitalized with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible. The EUA requires that fact sheets that provide important information about using chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate in treating COVID-19 be made available to health care providers and patients, including the known risks and drug interactions. The SNS, managed by ASPR, will work with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to ship donated doses to states."

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... ch-30-2020

"HHS said the emergency authorization was issued because the potential benefits of the product outweigh the risks and acknowledged that “anecdotal reports suggest that these drugs may offer some benefit in the treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients,” but cautioned that “clinical trials are needed to provide scientific evidence that these treatments are effective.”

"Trump had falsely claimed that the FDA had approved the drugs for coronavirus treatment before Sunday."

forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2020/03/30/fda-approves-anti-malarial-drugs-chloroquine-and-hydroxychloroquine-for-emergency-coronavirus-treatment/#1623062f5e5d
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:03 am

The FDA has not "signed off" on using this for treatment. It is approved for "emergency" experimental use only for the virus. It does have known side effects that can be dangerous to many. Two doctors using it does not equal evidence of effectiveness.
There are currently no FDA-approved medical countermeasures for COVID-19. FDA stands ready to work with medical product developers to clarify regulatory and data requirements necessary to move products forward in development as quickly as possible.
https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedn ... 9-covid-19
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yup.
He is continuing to make money off of the presidency along with his other “enterprises”.
Not surprised.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic