Surgeon Gen pleads with Governors

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:46 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:58 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 am

There are a lot of dominoes in this. It's terrifying.

But I wish we would have mobilized on a national scale. We are AMERICANS! We can work together. Doesn't matter our race, ancestry, income level. We pull together. Rosie the Riveter if you will. If anything results from this, I hope that mentality returns. And also I hope we can pare down our materialism.

Close the interstates to all but those who are truly essential. Close county lines.
Close gathering spots like bars, party venues, playgrounds, schools
Retool factories to make the PPE and ventilators and other necessary supplies.
Increase production at existing manufacturers for essential supplies.
Restaurants should remain open but with curbside pickup or delivery, which could be done by the servers/hosts to keep them employed.
Stores should be maintaining limited stock for essential supplies, limiting the numbers of people in stores, and ramping up pickup and delivery services.
Small time realty companies should have government backing so they don't lose their behinds and renters don't lose their housing.
Banks and mortgage companies should be mandated to tack missed payments to the end of the loans.

AND, now my kid interrupted me and I lost my train of thought!

Maybe I'm just stupid and idealistic. IDK.
I was just saying to my sister yesterday, that I'm hoping that this results in a reunification of our great nation. I'm trying to see the positives of this, and that's one major thing that I can think of.

I've found the last few years very disturbing, how we can't just disagree with someone without there being this venom and hatred. We're all just pulling apart. After 9/11, we seemed more cohesive - everyone united, together against terrorism. I'm sincerely hoping for a return to that America. 🇺🇸
So what has changed? Why, unlike every other crisis in history, are we still divided? What could it be?

Trump on TV talking about withholding funds from the World Health Organization. The head of WHO having to beg Trump to stop politicizing this crisis or we will see more deaths than we need to.

We’ll see a return to that America when we see a leader who is capable of reuniting the country with compassion, truths and a sense of decency.
Yes you’re Right. I’m hoping and praying for that. 🙏
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:30 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:23 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:46 pm

So what has changed? Why, unlike every other crisis in history, are we still divided? What could it be?

Trump on TV talking about withholding funds from the World Health Organization. The head of WHO having to beg Trump to stop politicizing this crisis or we will see more deaths than we need to.

We’ll see a return to that America when we see a leader who is capable of reuniting the country with compassion, truths and a sense of decency.
Look into the WHO. They're just an arm of the CCP. WHY should we fund that? Our people are suffering. Why would we support a CCP owned mouthpiece?
Now isn't the time for right wing rantings. You asked why we can't be united like every other time in our history. There you go. Figure it out.
Why is it when someone brings up reality its a "right wing ranting"? Look into the WHO.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The WHO is now manipulated by the Chinese Communist Party?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:35 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:30 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Look into the WHO. They're just an arm of the CCP. WHY should we fund that? Our people are suffering. Why would we support a CCP owned mouthpiece?
Now isn't the time for right wing rantings. You asked why we can't be united like every other time in our history. There you go. Figure it out.
Why is it when someone brings up reality its a "right wing ranting"? Look into the WHO.
You’ve quoted some pretty lousy disinformation here that you got from right wing sites that’s been proven wrong. And yet you continue after you asked why this time our country can’t unite like usual.
Locked Previous topicNext topic