I've been sleeping in my truck

Anonymous 1

I'm too scared to go home after work. I have a 4 month old baby who I haven't seen in about 2 weeks. I also have a 2 and three year old that I have been able to wave at through the windows of my house.

Dh has proven what an amazing father he is. He went from working full time to pretty much being a single parent. I'm still making money but he's doing all the work.

He says I should just come home and be careful but I can't. We have had many children come into my work in respiratory distress and I never want to see my own kids go through that. I would never be able to forgive myself if I passed this on to my family.

I thought about renting a motel but honestly the airmatress in the back of my truck after a long day of work feels just as good as a bed.

It bothers me seeing people complaining about staying home with their kids. I know we are all going through our own shit and have our own struggles but I would love to be able to just stay home with my kids.

I can't wait until all of this passes. I just hope I don't get sick and die like some of my coworkers.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Check with airbnb. They are offering free stays for essential employees. You deserve a safe and comfortable place to stay without endangering your family. Good luck!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

How are you showering and going to the bathroom?
I think you should rent a room..so many hotels an Airbnb offering rent free places for medical and first responders.
Anonymous 2

There's a Facebook page rvs for mds matching Healthcare workers with people willing to let them use their rvs to live in during this.
Anonymous 1

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:27 pm How are you showering and going to the bathroom?
I think you should rent a room..so many hotels an Airbnb offering rent free places for medical and first responders.
I shower after each shift and then go straight to sleep. If I wake up and have to use the restroom there is one in the parking garage.
Anonymous 1

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:30 pm There's a Facebook page rvs for mds matching Healthcare workers with people willing to let them use their rvs to live in during this.
Thank you for the advice but I don't even know where I'd park an RV.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:36 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:27 pm How are you showering and going to the bathroom?
I shower after each shift and then go straight to sleep. If I wake up and have to use the restroom there is one in the parking garage.
That sounds safe. Go rent a room.
Anonymous 1

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:39 pm
I don't want to waste the money or waste time driving anywhere. There is nothing unsafe about where I park. Only employees can use the garage and it is monitored at all times.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:40 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:39 pm

I don't want to waste the money or waste time driving anywhere. There is nothing unsafe about where I park. Only employees can use the garage and it is monitored at all times.
ok...
Anonymous 3

If you strip and shower you'll be fine. Don't touch anything before you do. Strip in the garage or something.
Locked Previous topicNext topic