Are you giving your kids their credit from the stimulus check?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am using the $2400 for a couple bills but DH and I are still working so we are more than fine. The stimulus check is nice extra money but we are not hurting for it. For the $500 credits I am getting for my kids, I am going to give my 16 year old twins that money. They have both been wanting new laptops for school so they can use that money toward that. Are you giving it to your kids to spend or putting it in savings or using it for bills, or something else?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If I get any I'll be using it for shopping while I'm on vacation. My tax situation is complicated so I'm not sure we qualify.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm sure they'll benefit from it in one way or another, lol. But no, I'm not going to give it to them like that.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We told our kids that we would give them the funds we received for them (my son it would go into his savings and for our daughter it would go to her living expenses). Then we realized that our kids are too old to get any of the funds. We need the $2400 to cover some of our bills.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We get shit for DS. He's 18 but we still claim him on taxes because he hasn't needed to file yet.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My dd unfortunately doesn't get a stimulus check because shes 20 yrs old & dependent on our taxes because shes in College. She will get the $1200 credit on her taxes this year.
All the Government did was give us all the tax credit we all get at the end of the year.

We always give dd the extra we get for claiming her at the end of the year.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:33 pm We get shit for DS. He's 18 but we still claim him on taxes because he hasn't needed to file yet.
The credit for the stimulus check is only for kids under 17.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My children are young, they have no use for any money.

Well, DD could explain to you in great detail about the Barbies she needs while she is stuck at home...
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:27 pm I am using the $2400 for a couple bills but DH and I are still working so we are more than fine. The stimulus check is nice extra money but we are not hurting for it. For the $500 credits I am getting for my kids, I am going to give my 16 year old twins that money. They have both been wanting new laptops for school so they can use that money toward that. Are you giving it to your kids to spend or putting it in savings or using it for bills, or something else?
my 17 year old wants it but I told him no. but I am buying him a couple of games with it.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:34 pm
bmw29 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:33 pm We get shit for DS. He's 18 but we still claim him on taxes because he hasn't needed to file yet.
The credit for the stimulus check is only for kids under 17.
I'm aware. It's ridiculous though since people with kids that are college aged are usually shelling out more for them then they were when they were 6.
Locked Previous topicNext topic