I live in a county that made more restrictions March 31st

Anonymous 5

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:30 pm We have an Airbnb in the next county (about 1 1/2 hours away). It's shut down at least until middle of June (probably beyond) but I drove out there today to check on it and work a bit in the flower beds. I was stopped and told that was not considered essential travel.
When all of this is finally over, I'd like to talk to you about your Airbnb. I think I'm going to need an escape to get away from my family, lol.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:41 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:34 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:33 pm I’ve never been more thankful to be rural then I have the last few months.
I'm super rural. Our newly formed county militia wants to shut down the county borders!
I love where we live, the views are stunning but sometimes it does get boring lol

Half my community still feels like it’s similar to a flu, I’m just thankful the other half is taking it a little
More seriously.
Oh wow! Which state is this?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:39 am
LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:41 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:34 pm

I'm super rural. Our newly formed county militia wants to shut down the county borders!
I love where we live, the views are stunning but sometimes it does get boring lol

Half my community still feels like it’s similar to a flu, I’m just thankful the other half is taking it a little
More seriously.
Oh wow! Which state is this?
Southwest Idaho
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The large university I work at just announced all summer classes will be delivered online.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:02 am The large university I work at just announced all summer classes will be delivered online.
I know you don't have a crystal ball but do you think the fall semester classes will be regularly held? Is there any talk about fall being online as well? My son will die and I guess at that point we make a decision whether he will even continue university at all. He wanted the whole college experience with living there, going to classes etc and if it's not possible then well...I don't know.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ours was extended as well. I have a feeling the kids will not go back to school this year.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:35 pm Our stay at home order was just extended through May 4th.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:43 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:02 am The large university I work at just announced all summer classes will be delivered online.
I know you don't have a crystal ball but do you think the fall semester classes will be regularly held? Is there any talk about fall being online as well? My son will die and I guess at that point we make a decision whether he will even continue university at all. He wanted the whole college experience with living there, going to classes etc and if it's not possible then well...I don't know.
No idea. If fall is online it will obliterate what little will be left by then in our college town.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So this is a rumor and I'm not usually the gossiping type but a local councilman predicted students won't be back on campus until Fall 2021. To clarify, the local city council has zero purview over the decisions made by university administrators.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

OP - your post makes me sad. I’m sorry you’re going through this.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

We were told by our system president (of a large mid-west university system), that state officials have stated cases will peak in late April and they suspect that there will a relaxation of summer policies that we may be able to hold some on-campus sessions, but only in late summer. However the same officials said to economically prepare for another outbreak in fall, and our president told us to prepare to teach using only online methodology.
Locked Previous topicNext topic