S/O if you worked with people who have the Corona virus

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Like patients in the hospital. Would you go home and risk infecting your family?
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fortunately our house is large enough that my husband who is considered essential could live comfortably in the basement. We have a bathroom, separate entry and the ability to serve him food without being in contact.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I do work with some COVID patients and I come home.

I have given my reasons. 1) Our self-sheltering is to reduce the curve, not to completely stop transmission indefinitely. At some point, majority of society will be exposed just like influenza or the various rhino-viruses. Immunizations for the virus are a year-ish off. I am not avoiding my family for a year. 2) I am familiar with the research on stress, sleep deprivation and feel that a happy family time, normal sleep schedules with good diet are some of the best ways to combat viral illness. 3) Although, I see the worst of the worst cases, majority of people infected do not get sick to the point of needing in-patient medical care. 4) If I get sick & die or god forbid a family member does, I want to live every day I can before that fate, with those that I love, so I have blessed memories. 5) I keep my children away from all others. My DH goes to the store rarely with a mask. So I feel this is my decision to make and I am not impacting the rest of the community.

As I said, the poster of the OP can make decisions that are best for her family — I know these decisions are the best for mine!
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

My sister works in a hospital in NJ riddled with covid patients. Yes she goes home. Where is she supposed to go after working 12 or shifts? And for how long? She takes precautions by changing before entering washing immediately etc. Nobody in her family has a weakend immune system and all are healthy. She is doing the best she can.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My cousin is an xray tech at the county hospital where all the infected patients are being treated. The county is the epicenter of the virus in South Carolina. She goes home to her family every day although I'm sure she strips down and showers before she touches anyone or anything.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 am Yes, I do work with some COVID patients and I come home.

I have given my reasons. 1) Our self-sheltering is to reduce the curve, not to completely stop transmission indefinitely. At some point, majority of society will be exposed just like influenza or the various rhino-viruses. Immunizations for the virus are a year-ish off. I am not avoiding my family for a year. 2) I am familiar with the research on stress, sleep deprivation and feel that a happy family time, normal sleep schedules with good diet are some of the best ways to combat viral illness. 3) Although, I see the worst of the worst cases, majority of people infected do not get sick to the point of needing in-patient medical care. 4) If I get sick & die or god forbid a family member does, I want to live every day I can before that fate, with those that I love, so I have blessed memories. 5) I keep my children away from all others. My DH goes to the store rarely with a mask. So I feel this is my decision to make and I am not impacting the rest of the community.

As I said, you make the decisions that are best for your family — I know these decisions are the best for mine!
My family is not involved in this.

This is a spin off post
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't work with anyone that's truly sick. There's a risk for me but it's low. So I go home. If I was a front line nurse I might look into alternate housing. But even that's not completely feasible since I have two teens at home. Eventually I'd have to go to check on them. My worry is if I get sick. I could quarantine in my bedroom and they could get, leave food at my door. But it wouldn't be easy. There isn't anywhere else they could go. Not without a lot of difficulty.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:50 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 am Yes, I do work with some COVID patients and I come home.

As I said, you make the decisions that are best for your family — I know these decisions are the best for mine!
My family is not involved in this.

This is a spin off post
oh, sorry, it was just odd, because you posted immediately after I responded to the anon in the OP. I made assumptions. My apologies.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes ,I would go home. I could stay home without coming in contact with anyone. I could also move the family to another home.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sure that unless you are homebound everyone has been in contact with someone who has the virus and is maybe not showing symptoms.

Working in a pharmacy I probably have. I sanitize my hands between customers and wash them as often as I can get away. I wear a mask and we sanitize things every 30-60 minutes. I don't touch my face and wash my hands before eating. I change clothes as soon as I get home and my shoes are not worn in the house.

I am not staying away from my DH or kids for however long this goes on. While DH and my oldest would understand, my 15 month old absolutely would not and he would not be able to handle being without me indefinitely.
Locked Previous topicNext topic