I’m starting to wonder if DH and I are the only people that actually pay taxes....

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The economic stimulus package includes forgivable loans from the SBA, so I’m reaching out to a number of people that own small businesses and do work for us to let them know what’s available. But based on some of the responses I’ve received, many small business owners appear to think it’s ok to not report their income. WTAF????

I’m going to have to stop using anyone that isn’t actually filing accurate tax returns.

If you have a small business and actually pay your taxes, please know that help is available. It’s basically like collecting group unemployment, but 75% of what you receive must be used for payroll (if you’re a sole proprietor paying yourself counts).
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have seen that with some of the businesses here. A lot of regular citizens think they don't have to pay taxes either. A coworker of my husband decided to manipulate the figures of his income until they caught him. He actually said he was sure he'd never get caught. I can't begin to fathom the nerve of messing with the IRS.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The number of people who don't understand how taxes work astounds me. I've been told numerous times that I was in violation of the law because I didn't file a tax return.

Um, no honey, I think I know more about my financial situation than you do!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:49 pm The number of people who don't understand how taxes work astounds me. I've been told numerous times that I was in violation of the law because I didn't file a tax return.

There are plenty of people that file taxes but don’t actually end up with a tax obligation. But if you’re in the US, I’m really curious to know what the hell you do that you’re not REQUIRED BY LAW to file a tax return.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm not in the US but I am a US citizen. Currently, I'm not working. Previously, there have been years where I've only earned a few thousand dollars.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:00 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:49 pm The number of people who don't understand how taxes work astounds me. I've been told numerous times that I was in violation of the law because I didn't file a tax return.

There are plenty of people that file taxes but don’t actually end up with a tax obligation. But if you’re in the US, I’m really curious to know what the hell you do that you’re not REQUIRED BY LAW to file a tax return.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No, you are only required to file taxes if your income exceeds certain threshold. My kid didn't have to file taxes last year because she only worked a grand total of 2 weeks before going back to school. I think she earned a grand total of $68. She didn't owe Uncle Sam any money and wasn't required to file taxes.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There are so many people in my area who do anything from remodeling and handyman type things to car detailing. I’m pretty sure almost none of them file tax returns. It’s crazy to me, but not my circus.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:31 pm I have seen that with some of the businesses here. A lot of regular citizens think they don't have to pay taxes either. A coworker of my husband decided to manipulate the figures of his income until they caught him. He actually said he was sure he'd never get caught. I can't begin to fathom the nerve of messing with the IRS.
Does he not realize that the IRS gets a copy of each W-2?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You don't even have to be in the US to be required to file a tax return. I have to file a tax return in the US every year and I've never even been there.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:04 am There are so many people in my area who do anything from remodeling and handyman type things to car detailing. I’m pretty sure almost none of them file tax returns. It’s crazy to me, but not my circus.
I hope they don't have a kid in college. Sheesh it's getting to the point financial aid wants to know how much change is in the pocket of yesterday's jeans. And it seems we get audited every-freaking- time. I have to send my tax records, bank statements, ds', everything but the chew toys the cat has.
Locked Previous topicNext topic