I guess we won't be getting a spring break this year.

Anonymous 1

We were supposed to have our break next week but our Governor will only wave the 180 days of instruction time if we do not take any scheduled break. I was looking forward to sleeping in and not having much of a schedule. We are doing remote learning on google classroom and she has instructional videos to watch and complete worksheets that correspond with the subject. She also has zoom meetings and has assignments for her extra curricular's as well. It's a solid 4-5 hours a day of work she has. I know this is a small issue compared to everything else but we were all hoping to have a break. It's bad enough that I have had to cancel our vacation over everything going on but oh well I guess. Mainly a vent.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Educational zealots -- the lot of them!
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Wow
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

I know it's a bummer, but just be grateful that you live in a district where all of that is being supplied.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Our work is so lax.
Anonymous 2

You aren't missing much when you can't go anywhere not even to the park because ours are closed. We just got done with our spring break but my kids attend online school so they have been in school since schools closed. They don't understand why the other kids get so much time off but they will get over it. I'm just thankful that our governor waived state testing requirements this year so we didn't have to go to that and have my kid in a conference room with 100+ kids. It won't be long and school will be out hopefully summer won't be ruined but I'm not holding my breath.
Anonymous 3

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:13 pm Educational zealots -- the lot of them!

Don't be judgey. This is stressful for millions of parents. It doesn't mean they don't value their children's education.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:13 pm Educational zealots -- the lot of them!

Don't be judgey. This is stressful for millions of parents. It doesn't mean they don't value their children's education.
It was a joke. Not meant to offend. Have you read any of my other posts? I’m a hot freaking mess trying to get my family & myself through this time, lol.
Anonymous 3

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:57 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 pm

It was a joke. Not meant to offend. Have you read any of my other posts? I’m a hot freaking mess trying to get my family & myself through this time, lol.

Sorry, I should have known. The situation is clouding my sense of humour.
Anonymous 4

boo hoo too bad for you? Is that what people should say? Is that what you expect to hear?
Locked Previous topicNext topic