Why are people making this stuff up?

Anonymous 8

Unread post

When a person repeats a rumor, they help to ensure that it spreads.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:50 am When a person repeats a rumor, they help to ensure that it spreads.

When they repeat it as the truth, not as a lie. When they expose the lie, the truth can finally regain some ground.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Because it's really not as bad as the press and everyone else is making it out to be and they need to stir the pot.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:17 pm Because it's really not as bad as the press and everyone else is making it out to be and they need to stir the pot.

Trump himself has said 100,000 deaths is a real possibility. He thinks "only" having that many deaths would be a good outcome. So how is the press making it out be be worse than it is?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:22 pm
Diamepphyre wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:17 pm Because it's really not as bad as the press and everyone else is making it out to be and they need to stir the pot.

Trump himself has said 100,000 deaths is a real possibility. He thinks "only" having that many deaths would be a good outcome. So how is the press making it out be be worse than it is?

I'll be honest, it seems like everyone will know someone who dies from this and I hate that thought. And it makes my heart hurt to wonder which person or people in my life it will be.

My point is the reality is bad enough. No need to make up stories, which can be really harmful.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:29 pm

I'll be honest, it seems like everyone will know someone who dies from this and I hate that thought. And it makes my heart hurt to wonder which person or people in my life it will be.

My point is the reality is bad enough. No need to make up stories, which can be really harmful.

I have the same thoughts about losing someone. Those who make things up are despicable. Those who downplay it are just as bad. This is the time we all need to be adults.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:29 pm

I have the same thoughts about losing someone. Those who make things up are despicable. Those who downplay it are just as bad. This is the time we all need to be adults.

So right.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Because trolls have so far gotten away with this crap. People need to be held accountable for trolling.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

These days you can’t believe anything you read online.
Progress, not perfection.
Locked Previous topicNext topic