Would you buy a house right now?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We moved to VA almost a year ago and the plan was to rent until we find the right place. We've put it on the back burner recently, but we still get emailed alerts when something comes on the market. My husband was flipping through the listings last night when he couldn't sleep and showed me one this morning that I can't stop thinking about.

It's everything that we've wanted. It's in our kid's current school district and walking distance from the middle school where my eldest would go in a year (that makes me feel old), it's a little closer to my husband's work, it has our ideal layout, and it has a great yard. It's also in our budget. Some of the rooms need a little work, but I honestly think a project would be good for us right now. We're calling the agent tomorrow to find out more about it and see if there's a reason why it's listed low.

With everything going on I know the timing isn't right and I know part of this is probably hormones and just me wanting to be able to control and plan something when we don't know what is going to happen with so many other things. But, I don't want to pass up what could be a great thing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes. Interest rates are extremely low and property prices, at least in our area, have gone down, especially for properties that people are trying to sell quickly. The real estate agents in our town are not doing walk in viewing but rather remote video viewings so there's that. Check with your realtor.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yes, it’s probably a great time to buy!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It's a good time to buy if you're 100% positive your income isn't going to be affected by what's going on.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. This is the best time to buy.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You can buy my house. 🤣🤣🤣
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes. If your income is at least relatively unaffected by what's happening, this is a great time to buy.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Look at your finances. Consult with a financial advisor if need be. Do y'all plan on staying in the house at least five years?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If I had the money, absolutely. It’s a great time to buy if you can afford it, good investment.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 am It's a good time to buy if you're 100% positive your income isn't going to be affected by what's going on.
My husband's job is pretty secure, he's able to do it from home, and if he was furloughed, we have the savings that we would be fine for a while. Our mortgage would be about the same as our rent, so we wouldn't be in a different boat if something did happen. I'm pregnant so we would actually have to move anyway to a different unit anyway in the next few months because of occupancy rules.
Locked Previous topicNext topic