Baby's last name

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My baby daddy and I aren't really together.

I am due with my son in 2 mnths.

I want to give Liam my last name. My BD wants the baby to have his last name.

My BD swears he wants to be involved but we all know how that will be. Btw he says he wants 50/50

My last name is my dads last name and he died. He also had no sons.

Does he have a say?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Plenty of fathers are still involved even if the relationship doesn't last. While it's legally your choice, use this as your first experience in coparenting. Talk it out in a calm manner and come to a decision both parties are happy with, like hyphenating the name.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I gave my oldest his bio father's last name. When I filed for child support they told me it was good he already had that last name because if not they'd have made me change it. I didn't care tbh at the time.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If you aren't together I would go with your last name.

My cousin was in a similar situation. Dude was so super involved while she was pregnant. He was in the delivery room too. Baby is a year old and dude has seen her twice. He met some girl who he has chosen over his daughter.

I hope it turns out better for you. Good luck!
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You can hyphenated it.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hyphenate.

Problem solved.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I would not even consider giving the baby the father's last name if it wasn't my last name, too. There is no reason to do that. And whether he'll bother to be involved remains to be seen. You should be thinking about getting ready to file for child support and a custody agreement.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:38 pm My baby daddy and I aren't really together.

My BD swears he wants to be involved but we all know how that will be. Btw he says he wants 50/50

Does he have a say?
Give the baby the last name of whoever will be raising the him.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:38 pm My baby daddy and I aren't really together.

Does he have a say?
If you and baby daddy are not married then that dickhead legally has no say in what you name the child you push out of your vagina. Period.....end of story!!!!!!
I wouldn't put his name on the birth certificate either. He will have to file and pay for the paternity test. Once that's established can ask for visitation. Once paternity is established he will have to pay check support
Anonymous 7

Unread post

He can petition the courts to have it so the baby has his last name. It might or might not work for him.

If I were in your position I wouldn't even put him on the birth certificate.
Locked Previous topicNext topic