People claiming they had covid-19

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:51 pm
Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm
californiagirl83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:51 pm Dh and I suspect we had it in January, but we'll never know. It was over before things ramped up stateside and we knew what was going on. I'm sure a lot of people had what they dismissed as a flu when it was actually a mild COVID infection.
Studies showed that it could have hit the USA as early as October/November. My friend had a cough that wouldn't go away for a month in January. He went to the doctor twice and tested negative for the flu. It was a nasty cough, high fever etc etc.. They said he had a respiratory virus. He lost 25 pounds and damaged his voice. He sounds different now. It was a good chance he had it considering the severity of his symptoms.
We joked that it was a good thing he got over his virus before Covid hit United States considering the craziness, plus him being Asian.
Can you share that study? Not because I'm questioning it but because I'm truly interested. I saw something yesterday saying they were looking into it being in the us in November and December but that they don't believe it could have been that widespread at the time.
And because I didn't think it was even around in October wasn't the first case in November?
I found this article, but it's supposition, nobody has been tested and no bodies have been exhumed to test.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21D2IG
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:01 pm I'll bet that there were cases back in December here in the US. With all the international traveling that goes back and forth between here and China. But people who say they've already had it, cannot be sure unless they've been tested for antibodies. And if they insist on not self-isolating, unless they're out there in the frontline, they're idiots and should be tossed in jail for a few days until a judge can chew their ass out good and proper.
I agree.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My mother is convinced that my brother & I both had it at the end of January/early February. He & I both were VERY sick, sicker than either of us can ever remember. My dr said I had the flu after a flu swab, so I say I didn't have it because I read somewhere that it didn't read on a standard flu test. My brother's dr said he had a bad respiratory infection, so it's possible he had it.

Either way, he & I had lunch together one day & both were very very sick a week later. Things still don't taste right for me. But I don't think I had it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Studies showed that it could have hit the USA as early as October/November. My friend had a cough that wouldn't go away for a month in January. He went to the doctor twice and tested negative for the flu. It was a nasty cough, high fever etc etc.. They said he had a respiratory virus. He lost 25 pounds and damaged his voice. He sounds different now. It was a good chance he had it considering the severity of his symptoms.
We joked that it was a good thing he got over his virus before Covid hit United States considering the craziness, plus him being Asian.
Can you share that study? Not because I'm questioning it but because I'm truly interested. I saw something yesterday saying they were looking into it being in the us in November and December but that they don't believe it could have been that widespread at the time.
And because I didn't think it was even around in October wasn't the first case in November?
I found this article, but it's supposition, nobody has been tested and no bodies have been exhumed to test.
Interesting so then did it even start in China? Seems like this is all a huge guessing game.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I don't know if there are many people who claim to have had it. But I will tell you that this past January, I thought I was going to die. I presented with many of the covid-19 symptoms. By the time I saw my doctor, I was in an upswing feeling better. I distinctly remember my doctor saying, "I don't think what you had was the flu...But there is a very bad virus going around..." He ordered an immediate Chest Xray and blood work. Chest Xray revealed nothing abnormal but my bloodwork was whacked. And I have to admit that my doctor reviewed the findings with me but I really didn't understand what he was saying. Since I felt better and he didn't really seem that concerned about my blood work, I did nothing more about how I had been feeling. But I'll tell you what, I was unable to get up for almost two months. I felt like I couldn't get in enough oxygen (but remember my Xray revealed nothing.) I still don't feel up to par and would not be surprised to learn that I did in fact have the coronavirus.)

The short version:

They are developing (and perhaps it's already ready) A BLOOD TEST TO TEST THOSE WHO MAY HAVE ALREADY HAD THE VIRUS . They say, knowing who may have already had it may help fight this thing in many ways! Check this out: https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/27/ser ... ronavirus/

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:48 pm Is this happening in your area? Dh was talking to someone yesterday who says hes not taking precautions because he had it in October. You know before it was a thing. Others are saying they had it in November and December but it wasn't here yet.
At the same time I feel like my family did have it but we flew out of the san Francisco airport right after cases were discovered there. All 4 of us got something nasty all at once with matching symptoms. Fever, deep dry cough, body aches, hard to breathe, waking up soaked in sweat, chills... it was terrible but I'm not sure if that's what it was or not and we are still staying home (except my essential worker dh). Just because the symptoms matched doesn't mean it wasn't something else.
Are people in your area claiming they had it in November and December too?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Here's another article. Again just supposition, no confirmation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/heal ... read.html
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Did you know that if you think you had it, you may soon be able to have a blood test done to tell you if you did?: https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/27/ser ... ronavirus/
Patients who feel they may have had it may or may not want to know. But researchers and doctors definitely would love those people to get tested with the test mentioned in this article.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:53 pm We don’t know when exactly it appeared here. My who family was sick with what we think was the flu in mid February-I teach and had two students travel at that time. Was it Covid or Flu? Who knows. At any rate, unless you have had a + test there is really no way to know.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:07 pm

Interesting so then did it even start in China? Seems like this is all a huge guessing game.
Good question. Probably did. China is the global manufacturer, it seems like. Since labor is so cheap, I'm sure the US isn't the only country that goes to China for labor. So global traveling to China probably goes on all the time (or did before March), and the nouveau riche Chinese are global travelers.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:53 pm We don’t know when exactly it appeared here. My who family was sick with what we think was the flu in mid February-I teach and had two students travel at that time. Was it Covid or Flu? Who knows. At any rate, unless you have had a + test there is really no way to know.
Yes we do. Life Care Center in Kirkland, WA is ground zero for the US. A resident of the facility returned from vacation to Wuhan in Mid-January.

On January 21, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Washington State Department of Health announced the first case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States in Washington State. (https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus)

Jan. 21
The first coronavirus case in the United States was confirmed in Washington state. The patient recently returned from Wuhan, China, where a pneumonia outbreak caused by the coronavirus started in December 2019. The person who returned to the United States did so Jan. 15. “While originally thought to be spreading from animal-to-person, there are growing indications that limited person-to-person spread is happening,” a news release from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. “It’s unclear how easily this virus is spreading between people.” (https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/corona ... 3FUZSKMUE/)
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MIL lives with us and thinks she might have had it in January but I doubt it bc the rest of us didn’t get it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic