I don't know how to feel right now.

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We planned on having our last baby sometime this year. We stopped using birth control in late January for a few weeks but when the virus started spreading in the US, we decided to wait. I took tests for a couple weeks after we started using birth control again and they came back negative. In February I had a light period. Then I didn't have one at all this month, so I took two tests and both are positive. I don't know if I just tested too early with the others or what.

We wanted another baby and I'm excited, but I feel like I shouldn't be excited and just feel like this is all not really happening. We just don't really know where to go from here. I don't want to go near any medical centers right now. I left a message with my gyno, my husband went out to buy a couple more tests, and then we are going to sit down and look at what our options are. My husband said maybe we could find a midwife or something for now, I just have no experience with that. I'm just kind of out of it right now.

Added: that test came back positive too. We're going to start looking at midwives after the kids are in bed.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably normal. I felt like that after 9-11. My oldest was just a baby then and I was like what have I done having a child now? Give it time to sink in, that's all. It's scary but we really can't predict the future.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Why would you need more tests?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:51 pm We planned on having our last baby sometime this year. We stopped using birth control in late January for a few weeks but when the virus started spreading in the US, we decided to wait. I took tests for a couple weeks after we started using birth control again and they came back negative. In February I had a light period. Then I didn't have one at all this month, so I took two tests and both are positive. I don't know if I just tested too early with the others or what.

We wanted another baby and I'm excited, but I feel like I shouldn't be excited and just feel like this is all not really happening. We just don't really know where to go from here. I don't want to go near any medical centers right now. I left a message with my gyno, my husband went out to buy a couple more tests, and then we are going to sit down and look at what our options are. My husband said maybe we could find a midwife or something for now, I just have no experience with that. I'm just kind of out of it right now.
Attachments
tenor (10).gif
tenor (10).gif (676.74 KiB) Viewed 449 times
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:59 pm Why would you need more tests?
In case it was a false positive. The ones I took were the same brand bought at the same time and I don't know how long ago we bought them, so we want to take another test.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oh god.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:56 pm Probably normal. I felt like that after 9-11. My oldest was just a baby then and I was like what have I done having a child now? Give it time to sink in, that's all. It's scary but we really can't predict the future.
It's not so much the unpredictable future, I'm sure this will pass, as much as I'm worried about how to get exams. I'm worried if I wait to go to a doctor, I could end up missing something that would be important to learn early, but I also don't want to go anywhere near a medical office right now, so I'm not sure what to do.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:08 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:59 pm Why would you need more tests?
In case it was a false positive. The ones I took were the same brand bought at the same time and I don't know how long ago we bought them, so we want to take another test.
Wow. False positives don't really happen like that and now your having your husband go out for something non essential. That is risking his health, your health, the health of your children, and the health of your unborn baby.

Don't ever pretend like you are good parents after this.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I completely it. I'd be so nervous if I were you. I had a midwife and a doctor, doc with first, midwife with second. Both were good experiences, there wasnt one I liked more than the other but if you go with a midwife you could have a home birth. That option would appeal to me right now more than anything. And some birthing centers will come to your house for your office visits.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I mean you really dont need a dr for a few months anyway
Locked Previous topicNext topic