I will be pissed if they stop online classes

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:28 am My kids don’t have the option of online classes right now. The school district is not set up for it and they are worried about every child having the same access.
It is what it is
My son finally got online assignments after having nothing for the last two weeks. I assume they are issuing packets for the students who don't have internet access. He's a senior so they are trying to prioritize the seniors and make sure they are prepared for graduation. They have already waived some of the requirements.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:15 pm
Bubbs wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:28 am My kids don’t have the option of online classes right now. The school district is not set up for it and they are worried about every child having the same access.
It is what it is
My son finally got online assignments after having nothing for the last two weeks. I assume they are issuing packets for the students who don't have internet access. He's a senior so they are trying to prioritize the seniors and make sure they are prepared for graduation. They have already waived some of the requirements.
We just got notification they will have online classes starting 04/06. I don't know how much they are grading because there has been nothing planned for those without access.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 pm First world problems.

Seriously. Do you have a problem with two months off during summer? Would it kill you (or your kids) for the school to come up with a solution in one month or two?

Homeschool if you are so stressed and need your child to be ahead of her/his peers.
I don't really think it's a question of the parent needing the child to be ahead of their peers. It's just not an ideal situation to be off school for five months; studies prove that even the summer break is harmful to students' learning. I am all for a break from school but not for five months. If the school doesn't provide mandatory work, then my kids will not be motivated to do anything on their own so I am also in favor of schools providing online curriculum...
Me too.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:15 pm Yup. I will be pissed if our district stops online classes. I as a parent have the right to allow my child an education even if it means online until the end of the school year.

I will not be ok to just close schooling for the rest of this year. Oh hell no.

Send my kid her work.
I will be happy when our school board puts the curriculum online.

BTW, I like your new profile name.
Locked Previous topicNext topic