Trump says he wants country 'opened up' by Easter, despite caution from health experts

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The “stable genius” can wish all he wants.
He can’t have it both ways.
He told states to fend for themselves first. He said it’s not the fed govt’s job to mitigate medical supplies to states.
Comparing SARS CoV-2 to the flu , yet again, illustrates his idiocy and only those just as stupid shall continue to think it is comparable.

Meanwhile, the states shall do as they see is right for their constituents. Some rural areas like in Kansas may never be affected, whilst densely populated areas like NYC are heavily affected.

He’s more concerned about corporations making money than protecting healthcare workers on the frontlines.

He’s the Harry Lime of this pandemic .
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Haha yeah, that's not going to happen, that's not how these kind of things work.. I've already told my kids that we won't be doing Easter the same way we normally do it. It'll just be the people who are already living in this house. We've already explained to my one daughter that we likely won't be able to do anything for her birthday this year either, but as soon as we can, we will.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 pm Trump is correct. The economic fallout will be much worse than the virus.
Says all the rural people who aren’t in the middle of it.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:40 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:11 pm
Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:01 pm We essentially have states picking winners and losers. Why are liquor stores essential?
I’m still struggling with how “would love to be over by Easter” means the same as “will be over by Easter.”

Honestly I am sure just about everyone would love this whole thing to be over by Easter. Doesn’t mean it will be. Hell most people would love for it to be over now. Again, doesn’t mean it is or will be.
In describing why he said Easter Sunday, he said “you'll have packed churches all over our country”. What about that sounds like some hypothetical wish and not what he actually thinks will be happening a mere 19 days from now?
IF it was over like he WOULD LOVE it to be then full churches would happen.

I just love how everything single thing he says is taken literally while everything single thing democrats say doesn’t really mean what it says. SMH
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:50 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:11 pm

I’m still struggling with how “would love to be over by Easter” means the same as “will be over by Easter.”

Honestly I am sure just about everyone would love this whole thing to be over by Easter. Doesn’t mean it will be. Hell most people would love for it to be over now. Again, doesn’t mean it is or will be.
In describing why he said Easter Sunday, he said “you'll have packed churches all over our country”. What about that sounds like some hypothetical wish and not what he actually thinks will be happening a mere 19 days from now?

I just love how everything single thing he says is taken literally while everything single thing democrats say doesn’t really mean what it says. SMH
Is “you will have packed churches all over our country” not plain English? “Will“ isn’t hypothetical. He’s now said it’ll only be done if “it’s good” and that he’s not sure it’ll be the exact date, but that he picked Easter because “I just thought it was a beautiful time, a beautiful timeline” and the timeline he thinks “is right”, despite the fact that no public health officials seem to agree.

I just love how Trump supporters will twist themselves into mental pretzels to try to explain the ridiculous things Donald “Best Words” Trump actually meant because he’s unable to communicate like a normal adult in a professional setting.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:05 pm

Is “you will have packed churches all over our country” not plain English? “Will“ isn’t hypothetical. He’s now said it’ll only be done if “it’s good” and that he’s not sure it’ll be the exact date, but that he picked Easter because “I just thought it was a beautiful time, a beautiful timeline” and the timeline he thinks “is right”, despite the fact that no public health officials seem to agree.

I just love how Trump supporters will twist themselves into mental pretzels to try to explain the ridiculous things Donald “Best Words” Trump actually meant because he’s unable to communicate like a normal adult in a professional setting.
I fully believe if Trump said “water is falling from the sky” while it was raining that people would argue that those are raindrops not water and he’s an idiot for calling it water.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When Trump speaks, he's not speaking to the American people. He's speaking to his base. His base, largely rural people unaffected directly by the virus, can easily agree with every thing he claims about the cure being worse than the disease. I have a feeling if the base had to put their money where their mouths are there would be a different story.

Look at where the cases are: New York 25,665, New Jersey 3,675, Washington 2,328, California 2,102, Michigan 1,791, Illinois 1,535, Florida 1,461, Louisiana 1,388, Massachusetts 1,159, Georgia 1,026

The great majority are democratic states. My kids schools have parents who have been diagnosed with the virus, some seriously ill. The first child has died from the virus. Big talk from people safely behind the glass.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:13 pm

I fully believe if Trump said “water is falling from the sky” while it was raining that people would argue that those are raindrops not water and he’s an idiot for calling it water.
Cool. Similarly, it’s obvious that if Trump said “jellybeans are falling from the sky”, his supporters would insist he meant rain because some jellybeans are blue and shaped sort of like raindrops. Then they’d whine about him being taken literally and how unfair the media are for reporting on what a strange thing it was to say.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:09 pm
Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 pm Trump is correct. The economic fallout will be much worse than the virus.
Says all the rural people who aren’t in the middle of it.
Im in the 5th most affected state and run a business with people from all over the state, especially those fleeing the hardest hit areas and bringing the virus with them. I'm showing symptoms. Know what you're saying before spouting off.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:13 pm

I fully believe if Trump said he saw pink elephants flying through the sky his supporters would say they also saw them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic