Trump says he wants country 'opened up' by Easter, despite caution from health experts

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why can hundreds of people walk around Walmart and I can't sell a gun?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Trump is correct. The economic fallout will be much worse than the virus.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:01 pm We essentially have states picking winners and losers. Why are liquor stores essential?
I’m still struggling with how “would love to be over by Easter” means the same as “will be over by Easter.”

Honestly I am sure just about everyone would love this whole thing to be over by Easter. Doesn’t mean it will be. Hell most people would love for it to be over now. Again, doesn’t mean it is or will be.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Liquor stores aren’t open in PA but state stores are, they sell more than just beer though. They also distribute soda and water and you can’t go into the store anymore they only deliver in bulk. The liquor stores around me are boarded up because they are preparing for looters in case a full quarantine happens.
Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:01 pm We essentially have states picking winners and losers. Why are liquor stores essential?
🤓The Admin 🤓
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Probably because alcoholics going into withdrawal can kill them, and they don’t want them clogging up with hospital with that.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 pm Trump is correct. The economic fallout will be much worse than the virus.
How do people social distance in a busy office or on public transit during morning commutes? How do servers or restaurant/movie theatre/bar patrons social distance? How do you ever eradicate this virus and not cause a consistent onslaught for the healthcare system if there are constant outbreaks of this very contagious virus that requires a huge amount of staff and equipment to treat for those hospitalized?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thanks but no thanks Mr Trump. The economic ramifications are happening and going to happen regardless. I’d rather the US get a strong hold on this and deal with a recession than go back to business as usual too soon, before we have gotten the situation in hand and end up dealing with a depression.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:11 pm
I’m still struggling with how “would love to be over by Easter” means the same as “will be over by Easter.”

Honestly I am sure just about everyone would love this whole thing to be over by Easter. Doesn’t mean it will be. Hell most people would love for it to be over now. Again, doesn’t mean it is or will be.
In describing why he said Easter Sunday, he said “you'll have packed churches all over our country”. What about that sounds like some hypothetical wish and not what he actually thinks will be happening a mere 19 days from now?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:13 pm Liquor stores aren’t open in PA but state stores are, they sell more than just beer though. They also distribute soda and water and you can’t go into the store anymore they only deliver in bulk. The liquor stores around me are boarded up because they are preparing for looters in case a full quarantine happens.
Michigan considers them essential. All of them are open. Business as usual.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, he's an idiot. That's not news. The monkey is running the circus.
Locked Previous topicNext topic