Italian Virologist says fears over racism prevented Italy from quick response to Covid-19

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

He says the Italian government lagged at first. It was "lazy in the beginning... too much politics in Italy."
"There was a proposal to isolate people coming from the epicenter, coming from China," he said. "Then it became seen as racist, but they were people coming from the outbreak." That, he said, led to the current devastating situation.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/18/euro ... down-intl/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Isn't that what happened in the US?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:19 pm Isn't that what happened in the US?
IDK, but I do know Trump was saying it all was a hoax, which would certainly be a valid explanation for what is happening now.
Progress, not perfection.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was told by someone here that it was a not a directive from the national government, so it really means nothing. It's basically an anecdote. But I wonder if that will change now that CNN is reporting it.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

More importantly, what led to our devastation? We need to make sure we are quicker to respond if this happens again and that no one ever uses the word hoax for political reasons again.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:19 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:19 pm Isn't that what happened in the US?
IDK, but I do know Trump was saying it all was a hoax, which would certainly be a valid explanation for what is happening now.
He has handled this worse than Jimmy Carter or Mr. Magoo could have, but he didn't call the novel Coronavirus itself a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... ly-remark/
306/232

Deleted User 876

Unread post

Isolating/denying entry to people who happen to be Chinese because they are travelling from the epicenter of an outbreak is NOT racist. They are being isolated/denied BECAUSE OF THE DISEASE, not because of their race. People need to get a flipping grip.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:44 am
He has handled this worse than Jimmy Carter or Mr. Magoo could have, but he didn't call the novel Coronavirus itself a hoax.

Jimmy Carter was pretty bad as President. It shows Trump has no idea what the hell he is doing as far as handling this crisis. He is just as scared as the rest of us. I’m like dude, you have advisors, figure this shit out and lead.

Thank you for that link. I’ve been trying to remember when I heard him say it was a hoax, just I haven’t had time to dig in and search for it.
Progress, not perfection.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AngelicUnicorn wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:01 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:44 am

Jimmy Carter was pretty bad as President. It shows Trump has no idea what the hell he is doing as far as handling this crisis. He is just as scared as the rest of us. I’m like dude, you have advisors, figure this shit out and lead.
Problem is he believes he does know what he's doing. The only thing Trump is worried or scared about is not having another four years and being a "LOSER". Why else has he continually downplayed this situation? He doesn't want to listen to people who don't pat him on the back and sing his praises. He's not a leader. He's a reality star playing pretend.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic