If you were a judge on a sexual assault case....

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I need to know what you're thoughts would be on this case?

Say there is a man who currently has temporary custody of his daughter, because the mom has a history of abuse, put she and her daughter in harms way, and abuses drugs. The mom has been asked by the judge several times to take a drug test, to which she has refused on 5 different occasions (never shows up to take the drug test), yet she continues to ask for her daughter to be returned to her. Then, right before their next court date ( one where she has been warned that if she does not provide a drug test, that she will lose her rights), she calls the police on her ex stating that he raped her in 2015. Now since 2015, there is proof where she and the ex husband has hooked up (consensual) and on other occassions where she has called her ex for help when one of her many boyfriends were beating on her and threatening her and their daughters life.

Given what you just read, how likely are you to believe this womans claims that her ex sexually assaulted her in 2015? Or would you think she may be trying to abuse the system in a last ditch effort to remove their daughter from his custody? And do you think this will work in her favor?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If you have children of your own, you should definitely break up with this dude and avoid the whole train wreck that is his life.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I would need more evidence about the alleged assault. Her current situation doesn't change the possibility that she may have been raped.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 pm I need to know what you're thoughts would be on this case?

Say there is a man who currently has temporary custody of his daughter, because the mom has a history of abuse, put she and her daughter in harms way, and abuses drugs. The mom has been asked by the judge several times to take a drug test, to which she has refused on 5 different occasions (never shows up to take the drug test), yet she continues to ask for her daughter to be returned to her. Then, right before their next court date ( one where she has been warned that if she does not provide a drug test, that she will lose her rights), she calls the police on her ex stating that he raped her in 2015. Now since 2015, there is proof where she and the ex husband has hooked up (consensual) and on other occassions where she has called her ex for help when one of her many boyfriends were beating on her and threatening her and their daughters life.

Given what you just read, how likely are you to believe this womans claims that her ex sexually assaulted her in 2015? Or would you think she may be trying to abuse the system in a last ditch effort to remove their daughter from his custody?
If I were the judge she wouldnt get custody or have visitation ( possibly supervised after 6 to 8.clean tests) until she submitted to the drug tests and passed them for at least 18 months at weekly testing. The alleged 2015 rape would have no bearing on my decision because itsi hearsay
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:38 pm If you have children of your own, you should definitely break up with this dude and avoid the whole train wreck that is his life.
Im not with the guy, I know him. He's a good friend of mine. He is currently in jail awaiting bond for these pending charges of sexual assault. He is not worried about the charges going through, he and his attorney are confident they will be disproven, but he's worried about the custody case. He has given his ex ample tries to clean up her act, she has refused. He's really concerned that this may hurt his chances of keeping his daughter safe.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

If the guy were a decent guy (which means anything more decent than the mother at this point), I'd have given him custody already and been done with it. I don't understand this whole runaround, be with dad just til mom gets her act together stuff. Be with dad and stay and have some stability. Dads aren't second-rate parents.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I wouldn’t believe her.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 pm I need to know what you're thoughts would be on this case?

Given what you just read, how likely are you to believe this womans claims that her ex sexually assaulted her in 2015? Or would you think she may be trying to abuse the system in a last ditch effort to remove their daughter from his custody?
If I were the judge she wouldnt get custody or have visitation ( possibly supervised after 6 to 8.clean tests) until she submitted to the drug tests and passed them for at least 18 months at weekly testing. The alleged 2015 rape would have no bearing on my decision because itsi hearsay
Right now she has supervised visits, where *her* mother is the visit supervisor. The issue is, her mother has repeatedly allowed this woman to bring other drug addicts into the home during visitations (the little girl has said her mother has guys over and they spend the whole time in the garage sleeping and she doesnt get to visit with the mom). On other occasions the womans mother allowed the mom to leave with the little girl, unsipervised. All of this has been brought up in the court and the judge in the case just says "well i dont want to punish the child by removing her from her mothers life". Even after the fact that the mother had a boyfriend who was recently shot to death by officers in her home, because of a domestic abuse call.
This is just insane and I feel awful for the little girl and my friend.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:52 pm If the guy were a decent guy (which means anything more decent than the mother at this point), I'd have given him custody already and been done with it. I don't understand this whole runaround, be with dad just til mom gets her act together stuff. Be with dad and stay and have some stability. Dads aren't second-rate parents.
I dknt understand it wither. The judge has given her ample opportunities, and each time he threatens to remove her rights, but never does. The judge says he "doesn't want to punish the child by removing her from her mothers life". She is a clear danger to her daughter. She recently had a boyfriend who was shot and killed by the police, after they were called to her home on domestic abuse. Even then she was messed up. This was the same boyfriend who threatened to kill her and her daughter. After her boyfriend was killed, she went back to court with the excuse "well he's dead now, so you can give me my daughter back". WTF?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:03 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:52 pm If the guy were a decent guy (which means anything more decent than the mother at this point), I'd have given him custody already and been done with it. I don't understand this whole runaround, be with dad just til mom gets her act together stuff. Be with dad and stay and have some stability. Dads aren't second-rate parents.
I dknt understand it wither. The judge has given her ample opportunities, and each time he threatens to remove her rights, but never does. The judge says he "doesn't want to punish the child by removing her from her mothers life". She is a clear danger to her daughter. She recently had a boyfriend who was shot and killed by the police, after they were called to her home on domestic abuse. Even then she was messed up. This was the same boyfriend who threatened to kill her and her daughter. After her boyfriend was killed, she went back to court with the excuse "well he's dead now, so you can give me my daughter back". WTF?

I've seen judges do some crazy things to try to justify keeping a child with his/her mother, to the point I can't comprehend it either. But that takes the cake. Good grief. Where is cps in all of this?
Locked Previous topicNext topic