Do you only put your basket back?

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m at Whole Foods waiting for the amazon truck and I’m people watching.

I watched a lady come out with her groceries in a basket. She loaded everything in her truck and then took her cart to the cart return. She had to actually move around a basket that was in her way and she just left it and put her basket up.

If you were her would you have put the other basket up?

I’ve actually done both, it really boils down to my mood as to what I do.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was just at the grocery store this morning. I loaded my groceries into the back of my van and took my cart to the cart corral. There was another cart right at the opening of the corral, not pushed all the way back (and the back was empty). So I nested my cart into that other cart and then pushed both of them all the way to the back of the corral lined up on one side to make room for more carts.

I do that type of thing all the time. Honestly it kind of irritates me that people don't. It's not hard to push the cart all the way in and nest it with whatever is there. Whenever I've seen corrals overflowing, it's because people just tossed them in haphazardly and then you can't fit very many in it. Whereas if they were all lined up they would all fit just fine.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:31 pm I was just at the grocery store this morning. I loaded my groceries into the back of my van and took my cart to the cart corral. There was another cart right at the opening of the corral, not pushed all the way back (and the back was empty). So I nested my cart into that other cart and then pushed both of them all the way to the back of the corral lined up on one side to make room for more carts.

I do that type of thing all the time. Honestly it kind of irritates me that people don't. It's not hard to push the cart all the way in and nest it with whatever is there. Whenever I've seen corrals overflowing, it's because people just tossed them in haphazardly and then you can't fit very many in it. Whereas if they were all lined up they would all fit just fine.

Funny enough I do that too, I enjoy smushing them all together for some strange reason.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I put my cart away. If there is another cart on the way, I will probably grab that too. My pet peeve is people who fail to put their carts away. it is not that hard and don't give me the kid excuse. Mine may be flown and grown but I always managed to get the cart put away or at least in a location where it doesn't impede parking or will scratch/bang someone's car.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I always put my cart away and if I come across another cart on my way to put mine away then I will put that one away too... DD got irritated with me once because I made her grab a couple too. :-)

It drives me nuts when people won't put their carts away. There is absolutely NO excuse for it! NONE!!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The store I go to it cost $0.25 to rent a cart. This somehow prevents "free-range" grocery carts from wandering the parking lot. It's such a small amount but the impact is huge. In regards to the hand baskets, no one takes those out of the store.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

if i had to physically move the cart yes id put it up. if not no i probably wouldnt bother
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If I am on my way into the store & I need a cart, I will often grab a "stranded" cart and push it into the store & use it to shop. When I put it away, I typically do not grab extra stranded carts, as I find that to be difficult to maneuver around, and I just want to get on my way home or to my next errand. On occasion, if the cart is right next to the cart holding bin, I will put an extra one or two away, but not typically.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I always put my cart away. When my kids were little I just parked next to the cart corral. I always put away any random carts between my cart and the corral. I hate when people are just to lazy to put carts away, or when they use "my kids are little" because I managed even with 5 kids to put them away. Cars are expensive, those random carts can cause scratches, and marks on someone car.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I always put my cart away. If I see another on my way there, I put it back if I am able. The only obstacle that keeps me from putting others carts back is if I have my youngest kids with me. I can't carry a one year old and push the cart at the same time, so the one year old has to sit in the child seat area of the cart if I don't have my child wrap on me. When you push your cart into another cart, the child seat area gets pushed up, so I can't stack carts and push them all with my child in the cart. If one of my older kids is with me, I tell them to grab the cart. Otherwise, sorry, not much that I can safely do. I come back for it sometimes, but if I have my five kids and it's night or raining, I'm not running back and forth all over the parking lot in low visibility. I return my cart and go.
Locked Previous topicNext topic