What is the Point of Dating When It Seems Most Relationships Are Unhappy or End in Failure?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm Hope is one of the most powerful things in the universe.
It lends strength when there is none. Its the pinprick of light in an otherwise dark world.

People have hope that they'll one day find the right one.

That's the point of it all.
Hope is dangerous
Yes. But despair is worse. I'm speaking generally since you can be single and happy. But if you're lonely and single from despair that's dangerous. My marriage failed. But I had ten happy years and two boys from it. I have this right? My parents will be married 55 years, my brother 17 years and my bff I believe 22 years. Not every relationship is doomed.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Even if most relationships end in failure not all do. I've been with dh for over 20 years and while he annoys me occasionally I wouldn't trade him for anything. My parents and his parents have both been married for almost 50 years. Both sets of grandparents on both his and my side of the family were all together at least 60 years. My mom's parents made it the longest at 75 but that's only because all of those marriages ended with the death of a spouse. My middle sister has been with her husband since she was 15 and she's 51 now. They don't always fail and when they work they are more than worth it.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t think I did the whole dating thing right, but I sure had fun and enjoyed it.

My advice, become happy with yourself. Become happily single, really happily single, don’t take dating off the board, just don’t make it a priority either.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

For me, it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm Hope is one of the most powerful things in the universe.
It lends strength when there is none. Its the pinprick of light in an otherwise dark world.

People have hope that they'll one day find the right one.

That's the point of it all.
Hope is dangerous
Extremely dangerous.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You have to work at it and continue to work at it every day. Most don't want too.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I guess another question is, what's the point of loving someone if they're just going to die and leave you by yourself.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm I guess another question is, what's the point of loving someone if they're just going to die and leave you by yourself.
You could very well be the one to die first. No one knows these things.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm I guess another question is, what's the point of loving someone if they're just going to die and leave you by yourself.
Exactly.
No point at all
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Wanting companionship I guess. But at this point if something happens here, I won't be dating or anything else. I'm too old, tired and set in my ways to do the relationship thing again.
Locked Previous topicNext topic