Nothing like work to piss me the f**k off

Dylexsmommy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Woke up in a great mood this morning. Cloud 9. Had some coffee, relaxing morning. Its sunny and cold and the air feels crisp. I've got a bounce in my step and I'm feeling good.

I totally ignored the uninvited feeling of dread as I walked into work.

I should have listened.
I hadn't been at work for more than 20 minutes before my boss don pissed me off.

It went like this:
Her- i need you to look at this. It was processed wrong, please call and have it reprocessed.
Me- ok no problem.*looks into issue. One was processed correctly but posted wrong, the other was processed incorrectly*.

Me- **** was processed correctly, i have an eob from website that shows correct provider. ***** was processed wrong.

Her- i know they're both wrong, call on both.

Me- claim **** has an eob with correct provider.

Her- just call and have it reprocessed.

Me to myself- you cant fix stupid. Don't let her ruin your day cuz she can't read.

Trying to find my zen again now.

Sigh
Don't be a copy. Be an original.
Quorra2.0
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m sorry. Take deep breaths and not relinquish your positive energy for the day to her. I know, that’s easier said than done.

Just out of curiosity, I’m assuming there’s a solution if something posts wrong but was processed correctly, will reprocessing that 1 even solve the problem or just put you right back where you are now? Sometimes, even when you know you’re right, if it doesn’t have a negative impact and the other person isn’t listening to reason, it’s easier to show why you were right than continue to argue it and stress over it.
Dylexsmommy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:18 am
I’m sorry. Take deep breaths and not relinquish your positive energy for the day to her. I know, that’s easier said than done.

Just out of curiosity, I’m assuming there’s a solution if something posts wrong but was processed correctly, will reprocessing that 1 even solve the problem or just put you right back where you are now? Sometimes, even when you know you’re right, if it doesn’t have a negative impact and the other person isn’t listening to reason, it’s easier to show why you were right than continue to argue it and stress over it.
The solution is very simple. I printed the EOB and put in on the claim and asked for it to be corrected with very detailed notes under the correct provider.
Having it reprocessed would have just damaged things more. I didn't even bother trying to explain anymore. I just fixed it.

She wasn't worth my energy.
Don't be a copy. Be an original.
Quorra2.0
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 am
Quorra2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:18 am

The solution is very simple. I printed the EOB and put in on the claim and asked for it to be corrected with very detailed notes under the correct provider.
Having it reprocessed would have just damaged things more. I didn't even bother trying to explain anymore. I just fixed it.

She wasn't worth my energy.
That’s even more frustrating when the person’s solution would actually make matters worse. Glad you were able to get it take care of and I agree, she wasn’t worth your energy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic