I struggle with body image, maybe this will help someone too

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

EE5BF847-E4FC-4CC5-BEA1-6F99B7B67936.jpeg
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a thought on this, and please don't take it the wrong way because I don't mean it snarky or anything, but isn't all of that common sense?

But maybe that's the point? As I was reading it I was thinking "well duh, everyone knows that". But then I thought, "well maybe not, maybe that's what it's actually like to struggle with body image, maybe I don't really understand those struggles".

Because even though I've had times that I'm not entirely happy with my body, I've always been content with it, and it really doesn't affect my day or fill my thoughts. I guess others really struggle with some of these points?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:31 am I have a thought on this, and please don't take it the wrong way because I don't mean it snarky or anything, but isn't all of that common sense?

But maybe that's the point? As I was reading it I was thinking "well duh, everyone knows that". But then I thought, "well maybe not, maybe that's what it's actually like to struggle with body image, maybe I don't really understand those struggles".

Because even though I've had times that I'm not entirely happy with my body, I've always been content with it, and it really doesn't affect my day or fill my thoughts. I guess others really struggle with some of these points?
No. It's not common sense. Someone with a disorder will not see things the same way as other people.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

For you it's common sense, but for people that struggle with body image, even something that is common sense is nice to hear/read sometimes. But sometimes things are not common sense. Some people with eating disorders know they should eat because you need food to live...but they don't want to eat because they think they are fat. Common sense is not black and white.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:31 am I have a thought on this, and please don't take it the wrong way because I don't mean it snarky or anything, but isn't all of that common sense?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

One of my favorite sayings:

If knowing was doing, the world would be a different place full of different people.

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I struggle with a lot of these points a lot of the time. If you don’t , I think that’s great! I don’t like how I look so it’s a constant thing I remind myself of.
My negative self talk if I don’t consciously redirect it, I could put myself down all day. It’s just different experiences with it
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You sound really rude. She said she struggles with how she sees herself. That’s very hard and it’s very real. No it’s not just common sense.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

IDK. Some of that advice is good and I actively disagree with some of it. You can love yourself and still understand that you have imperfections you can improve upon. I want to be just a little bit better version of me everyday. While I don’t always achieve that, I would never achieve it if I didn’t acknowledge there are things about myself that I can and should improve.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I used to when I was younger. Now I've decided I'm too old for that shit and said f**k it all.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:09 am I used to when I was younger. Now I've decided I'm too old for that shit and said f**k it all.
LOL
and for how other people see me. I’m all on board.
It’s just how I see myself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic