If you leave a Keurig in the staff break room expect it to be used by others.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm with you. If she wanted it for her use only she should keep it at her desk.

If an appliance is put out in the break room it's assumed it's for general use. And even on the K-cups I would say if there are cups left out next to the Keurig then it's for general consumption. If you want your own cups for your own use then you keep your cups at your desk.

The only exception is a refridgerator. I wouldn't expect everyone to keep their own personal fridge at their desk so everyone uses the same one fridge in the break room, but for stuff in the fridge if it's not yours keep your paws off of it.

My comparison where I work is chocolate. I have certain little chocolates that I want only for myself so I keep them in my drawer. But I also have a dish of Hershey's mini's that are out on my desk (I'm like reception for anyone walking in the door) and those are for anyone to grab if they want one. I choose to stock both but I expect others to stick to what I provide out on my desk and not get into what's kept in my closed drawer.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:28 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:27 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:13 pm
Her personal property should not be on the counter. If she doesn't want others to use it she needs to keep it in her locker.
Or, you can learn to be an adult and keep your hands off others property.
Anything on the counter is shared. I'm not sure why that is hard for you or her to understand.
Not when it's her property and she says not to. Not being locked away doesn't make it yours. I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:33 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:27 pm

Or, you can learn to be an adult and keep your hands off others property.
Anything on the counter is shared. I'm not sure why that is hard for you or her to understand.
Not when it's her property and she says not to. Not being locked away doesn't make it yours. I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that.
Anything on the counter is for anyone to use. That is the rule. She doesn't get to change the rule.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 pm
Anything on the counter is for anyone to use. That is the rule. She doesn't get to change the rule.
Is this a rule thats posted and in your onboarding paperwork?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Is this a rule thats posted and in your onboarding paperwork?
There is a whole section on the break room. This is something very common.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:24 pm
stilltfez wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:23 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:06 pm

The unit isn't going to buy one.
ok.
But you brought in kurig pods to use knowing she'd asked you not to. Can you see why it might upset her?
No I don't see why anyone would be upset by it. She is being ridiculous. She needs to move it or get over it.
as long as you get what you want, who cares about anyone else...
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If someone labeled something "personal use" I would respect that, just as I would respect food in the fridge. I don't need to know their reasons or make assumptions. If the item is taking up needed counter space, then that is a different problem that HR can address. But I can allow people to have their own items in the break room if needed.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

my petty ass would buy a diary lock and put it through one of the holes in the plug when i wasn’t using it.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ours is for everyone as it should be. She can put it in her office if she doesn’t want it used. My boss would go off on her, lol.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:42 pm my petty ass would buy a diary lock and put it through one of the holes in the plug when i wasn’t using it.

You wouldn't be allowed to do that around here. You'd be asked to either remove the lock or store the machine in your own personal space and not on the counter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic