Macy’s now has plus size mannequins.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:35 pm Well, it should be about showing more flattering styles for plus size people.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:18 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm Well... that depends. Are they doing it to show certain styles that are more flattering to plus size bodies or are they doing it to be PC and not “offend” people?

A large percentage of Americans wear plus sizes. Plus size mannequins are smart things for retailers to utilize. It has nothing to do with showing styles that are more flattering or being PC. It's all about making sales.

That's okay as long as other mannequins only show what's most flattering for smaller sizes.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Don't we ALL want to consider how a particular article of clothing might look on ourselves? I've never noticed the fuller figured mannequins but it makes sense to me that they'd exist.

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Only if they are truly plus size. I've seen some claim to be that were a size 8 or 9.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:08 pm Only if they are truly plus size. I've seen some claim to be that were a size 8 or 9.
A size 9 is not a plus size is it? I thought plus size was 14 and up.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Off topic but I heard Macy's was closing a bunch of stores.

I was never a fan.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Target has them now too. I think it's a good thing.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

About damn time
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seeing as the average size for women is now said to be 16-18 (except here where everyone is a size 0) it’s not shocking nor surprising.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:30 am Off topic but I heard Macy's was closing a bunch of stores.

I was never a fan.
I've protested since they came into Chicago and took over our beautiful Marshall Field building in the loop. I refuse to call it Macy's. :(
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic