Macy’s now has plus size mannequins.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:17 am I don't like Macy's.
I don’t either, but my car was being serviced for 3 hours, and the dealership is 40 minutes from my house so it didn’t really make sense to get a loaner car and drive home. So I walked around the damn mall and spent more on random crap than on the car service 😂.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:24 pm Why shouldn't there be plus size mannequins in a store that sells plus size clothing?
I had no actual opinion on it. It was just the first time I had seen it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds like a good thing. Plus size people want to see what clothing looks like on a body too. In fact, I would dare say that plus size clothing hanging on a hanger is more deceiving than misses size clothing on a hanger, therefore the plus sizes need mannequins more so.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

People come in all shapes and sizes. It makes sense that mannequins would.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:05 am There are a lot of plus size people so it makes sense to have mannequins that are representative of the people who are buying the clothes.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well... that depends. Are they doing it to show certain styles that are more flattering to plus size bodies or are they doing it to be PC and not “offend” people?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm Well... that depends. Are they doing it to show certain styles that are more flattering to plus size bodies or are they doing it to be PC and not “offend” people?

A large percentage of Americans wear plus sizes. Plus size mannequins are smart things for retailers to utilize. It has nothing to do with showing styles that are more flattering or being PC. It's all about making sales.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's fine with me. What looks good on a size two won't look good on me.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Plus size mannequins have been in stores for years. Nike, Jcpenney, target, old navy, forever 21, american eagle and nordstrom are just a few
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, it should be about showing more flattering styles for plus size people.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:18 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm Well... that depends. Are they doing it to show certain styles that are more flattering to plus size bodies or are they doing it to be PC and not “offend” people?

A large percentage of Americans wear plus sizes. Plus size mannequins are smart things for retailers to utilize. It has nothing to do with showing styles that are more flattering or being PC. It's all about making sales.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic