Is *a* president's reelection in the public interest??

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:22 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:16 pm I still think it's ludicrous that everyone is fighting to impeach Trump because the left contends that he wanted to know if Biden is truly a grifter BEFORE he had the chance to get into office and continue his crime spree unfettered.

The President absolutely should investigate corruption in all forms, ESPECIALLY where it's our money being potentially abused by a foreign government.

If Biden is crooked, would you really want him in office?

If you're looking for an alternative to Trump for 2020, don't you want to know of this guy is dirty before he's the only choice on the ballot for the democrats? I know I do.
If it was a legitimate investigation, why was he using his personal lawyer as his errand boy rather than going through the official, appropriate channels? Why was the aid released after he knew he was under investigation, but before Ukraine did anything to prove there was no corruption either domestically or on the part of any company?

“Continue his crime spree”? What evidence of any crime on Biden’s part is there? And given that Trump is a proven grifter - fraudulent charities and Trump University - does that disqualify him from the Presidency?
The purpose of a personal lawyer was and still is the Mueller investigation.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:04 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:16 pm I still think it's ludicrous that everyone is fighting to impeach Trump because the left contends that he wanted to know if Biden is truly a grifter BEFORE he had the chance to get into office and continue his crime spree unfettered.

The President absolutely should investigate corruption in all forms, ESPECIALLY where it's our money being potentially abused by a foreign government.

If you're looking for an alternative to Trump for 2020, don't you want to know of this guy is dirty before he's the only choice on the ballot for the democrats? I know I do.
If it was a legitimate investigation, why was he using his personal lawyer as his errand boy rather than going through the official, appropriate channels? Why was the aid released after he knew he was under investigation, but before Ukraine did anything to prove there was no corruption either domestically or on the part of any company?

“Continue his crime spree”? What evidence of any crime on Biden’s part is there? And given that Trump is a proven grifter - fraudulent charities and Trump University - does that disqualify him from the Presidency?
The purpose of a personal lawyer was and still is the Mueller investigation.
Yes. Which makes him an extremely odd choice for a secret government investigation of corruption in Ukraine that an actual government employee later called a “domestic political errand”. Particularly when the same personal lawyer has said he was working in the interests of his client, not the country.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:31 pm Isn't it the norm?
We have all sorts of laws that limit a person from doing anything he wants because he thinks it’s best if he’s elected. So, no.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

First, it’s not the left, it’s the majority of citizens who want him impeached. You keep forgetting you’re in the minority in clinging to the lie that it was about investigating Biden. It wasn’t. This has been proven and verified and as long as you refuse to read anything and repeat the same thing over and over you will never get it. You are part of the low information minority.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You can’t be serious.
First, yes. Whenever there’s corruption it should be investigated. But then do it openly and lawfully. Trump didn’t do that. He did it in a shady manner and abusing his position to pressure a foreign government by withdrawing economic aid into getting the results he wanted. In one word: blackmail.
If Biden is crooked? How naive of you. In politics EVERYONE is crooked to a certain degree. Trump is one of the most crooked people on the planet, do YOU want him in office?
At this point I actually prefer Biden to either Trump or Sanders. Because both of them are disastrous to America. I would take a guy who did a crooked thing but that could be a good leader than 2 guys who are probably equally crooked and each can hurt America.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 638

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:33 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:26 pm This is apparently the bananas argument Dershowitz is making on behalf of the president.

"If the president does something that he thinks will help him get elected, in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment."

Is this really what you want to go with?
Dershowitz should be disbarred.

I don't expect any better from someone who was Epstein's lawyer.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's a ridiculous statement, especially considering who's occupying the WH right now. Are you sure you want us to go down this road?

Then why isn't he investigating Saudi Arabia or Israel or Egypt or...?

Trump is a crook. Do you deny that?

If you're not looking for an alternative to Trump, you must be happy with a crook occupying the highest office and the remnant that is the GOP. I don't want either of them.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is all very bizarre to Germans.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I am hearing you and am in agreement with you.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:53 pm

I am hearing you and am in agreement with you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic