Close calls

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was just reading the post about guys wanting you to go to their rooms at hotels. It brought back a memory from when I was 19...I might have even been 18. Anyways, my best friend from high school was getting married and just had a bachelorette party at a bar. I have no clue how we were allowed in there with our age but we were. Anyways, there was this guy that was probably in his early 20's. We were dancing and stuff. Then at the end of the night he asked for a ride to his hotel...he was there in town on a construction job or something and traveled with many guys and they all were at that hotel and I think in the same hotel room. It was after 2 AM and I still lived at home. I dropped the guy off at the hotel and he was asking me to go to his room. Who the hell knows why I was even considering it! But since it was so late, I knew my dad would be mad that I got home so late so I said that I couldn't.

I think back to that time and I feel that I really dodged a bullet there. I think I truly could have been raped (I didn't want to have S*x) and possibly worse to happen if those other guys were in the same room. I can't even believe I took him to his hotel! I am thankful nothing bad happened.

Do you have any close calls that you would like to talk about?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Do you know Christine Blasey Ford?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No why?
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:51 am Do you know Christine Blasey Ford?
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

a guy ran a red light the other day, he was going super fast, and came within a couple of feet of plowing into the side of my car. that was a close call.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You are possibly being sarcastic with your example, but I mean close calls that you had control over...someone almost hitting your car is something you don't have much control over.
mojogirl wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:54 am a guy ran a red light the other day, he was going super fast, and came within a couple of feet of plowing into the side of my car. that was a close call.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I've never done anything like that. The closest for my family is probably my kids being with a child molester.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I probably did so many things or been so many places that something awful could have happened

I don’t remember one specific incident, I was a semi reckless teen
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Dodged a bullet? what?

Any number of things could have happened: you could have had an accident on the way to his hotel, you could have fallen while you were dancing and broke your leg, you could have been arrested for underage drinking, your car could have broken down and left you stranded on the freeway without a cell phone, you could have started your period and bleed through your party clothes...seriously any number of things could have happened that night and yet your focus only on an imaginary man. jeezus
Anonymous 1

Unread post

How did that happen?
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:24 am I've never done anything like that. The closest for my family is probably my kids being with a child molester.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:37 pm How did that happen?
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:24 am I've never done anything like that. The closest for my family is probably my kids being with a child molester.
He was a friend of ours. We had known him for 10 years. He had a wife and 4 kids and they seemed like great people. He was a police officer she used to work in corrections so they were so protective of their kids. No sleepovers just in case kind of people.
Well then he was arrested for molesting and raping their oldest. Its unbelievable. I know he did it because he confessed but seriously they were one of the few families who could handle my autistic son and I trusted with him. It has been over a year and it still shocks and saddens me to think about it. He hid it so well. Thankfully he never touched my kids.
Locked Previous topicNext topic