POTUS signals cuts to Social Security coming

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:25 am He doesn't care. The man has the empathy of a rock.
Empathy of a rock or not unless he wants every baby boomer and silent generation-er in all of Florida pissed off with him he'd better think twice. Not to mention the generation X-ers are watching. I would think he'd want to keep us nice and red for the upcoming election.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If they are dumb enough to re-elect him in November, I guarantee you the cuts will be announced in October.
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:19 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:25 am He doesn't care. The man has the empathy of a rock.
Empathy of a rock or not unless he wants every baby boomer and silent generation-er in all of Florida pissed off with him he'd better think twice. Not to mention the generation X-ers are watching. I would think he'd want to keep us nice and red for the upcoming election.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:35 am If they are dumb enough to re-elect him in November, I guarantee you the cuts will be announced in October.
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:19 pm
And I can guarantee our taxes that we pay for something that might not be there when we retire won't go down. Not by so much as a penny. They'll increase. I'll put my future first months social security payment on it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:41 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 am SSI or SS and SSDI?
The administration has already tightened requirements to SSI (Social Security Disability).

This was a new statement that referenced Social Security and Medicare program cuts made when asked about these programs while in Davos, Switzerland.
Trump appeared to express a new openness to revamping entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare in an interview aired Wednesday morning, potentially opening the door to overhauling two of the country’s largest government programs if he is elected to a second term.

Speaking with CNBC from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Trump said tackling entitlement spending is “the easiest of all things” and seemed to suggest higher economic growth would make it simpler to cut spending on those programs.

“At the right time, we will take a look at that. You know, that’s actually the easiest of all things, if you look,” Trump said. He later added when asked about entitlements: “Well, we’re going — we’re going to look. We also have assets that we’ve never had. I mean, we’ve never had growth like this.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... -campaign/
SSI is Supplemental Security Income. It's not funded through SS. SSDI is Social Security Disability Insurance. It is funded through SS. There's a difference.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, the rule of thumb is to believe nothing that comes out from Trump’s mouth. Or fingers.
The guy wouldn’t know the truth if it was a 27 year old girl giving him a lap dance.
jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:40 am But but but

I just don't know what to believe!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hell, no. I’m actually squeezing my memory trying to remember one time when he has been honest and truthful. Besides the time when he said that he could commit murder in the middle of the street and his followers would still vote for him, I can’t think of a single, measly time when he said something that was actually true... maybe that other time when he said that if Ivanka wasn’t his daughter, he’d be nailing her 🤷‍♀️
AllofFive19 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:31 am Does anyone trust anything he says anymore besides those licking his tonsils?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Ya know if Congress removed the ceiling for contribution and made billionaires contribute to social security completely like the rest of us 99%ers, social security would be fully funded, immediately.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic