So I picked up a pizza after YDS’s tennis lesson....

Anonymous 13

highlandmum wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:17 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:27 pm Ok this is a super lame troll. You're telling me you don't have a Little Ceasar's around? $5 Ready made pizza. I live in bum f**k nowhere, we don't even have a Red Lobster and we still have a Little Ceasar's. $35 is more along the lines of Pizza Hut, Dominoes, and Papa Murphy's
Little Ceaser's is repulsive. It tastes horrible.

Our local pizza restaurant is $9.99 for a large 3 topping, so I can get two for $20.
Our Little Caesar's is pretty good. There are tons of pizza options here and on busy nights the line can still be out the door for Little Caesar's.
Anonymous 15

Shell wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:56 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:58 pm
Shell wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:21 pm I live in a rural town with about 20,000 people and there are a bunch of pizza/sub shop, local sit down restaurants, Heavenly Donuts, Top Donuts and 3 Dunkin Donuts. (And that’s just our town. Plenty others in surrounding towns)So we have plenty of options. For what you paid I could get 3 large pizzas with toppings.
That’s not a town that’s a city.Albeit a small city but still a city. A town would be less than 5000. Technically I live in a village we don’t even have a cop
Maybe it’s more a suburb but a city has at least 100,000 people in it. We also have a huge dairy farm and other smaller farms.
No that is a town. We only have 2 cities in my entire state and my town has about 20,000 and it most certainly is a town. I do not get where you think a town must have less than 5,000.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:31 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:27 pm Ok this is a super lame troll. You're telling me you don't have a Little Ceasar's around? $5 Ready made pizza. I live in bum f**k nowhere, we don't even have a Red Lobster and we still have a Little Ceasar's. $35 is more along the lines of Pizza Hut, Dominoes, and Papa Murphy's
I just looked it up and the closest Little Caesar’s is 38 miles away.
That's about as our closest one. We do have two mom and pop pizza places. The one I can get a giant party size pizza for $30.
The other is $12 for a large one topping pizza. Those are pretty large and gave large slices. It says like 2 pieces in one. I can buy three of those and feed my family with it.
I have 5 kids and three are very hungry teens.
i want candy!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:44 pm I live in a (very) small city that’s kind of the hub of a lot of small towns around it. We have pretty much everything, but there are a couple of little towns nearby that are more upper income and are similar to what you describe. One has a little (not chain) burger joint that and one pizza place, then a bunch of pricier restaurants. Besides gas stations i think the only place in the whole town that’s a big chain is a Talbot’s clothing store. The other town is basically one main street where almost everything is owned by one rich lady. All the food, including the market, is tied to the hotel that she also owns. One of the places is a bit cheaper, it’s like a pub but it’s still not cheap, maybe a little more expensive than like chili’s or applebee’s.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:09 pm And I realized what an incredibly cheap option pizza is! It was like $35 for a giant pizza, garlic knots, and fries. I don’t actually eat traditional pizza, so usually we just don’t get it.

There really is no other place in my town to pick up dinner for less than $70, and at most places it’s $100 or more. We don’t really have any chain restaurants or fast food except Dunkin Donuts and Subway 🤢, but we have over 50 sit down restaurants that all do takeout. I’m just wondering how common or uncommon this is.

So do you have chain restaurants and fast food in your local community, or do you need to go to the next town over (or further) for those options?
If it weren't for the talbots, I would think you were talking about Cooperstown NY. I have friends there and it is exactly what you described, down to the rich lady who owns mainstreet and the hotel.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

I have friends who live in Cooperstown NY and they have literally no chains in town. Zero. They have family owned restaurants and a family owned pizza place. If you drive a few miles out of town, to the dreamspark, there is a subway, a mcdonalds, and a pizzahut. That is it. Any other chain, you have to drive half an hour to Oneonta. Forget about a red lobster. You can look all this up.
Our old town had a couple chains in it, but no chain pizza places. We would have to drive about 30 minutes to get to one which didn't make sense when there were actual pizza places in town.
Locked Previous topicNext topic