Kids are going to be disappointed

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I feel kind of bad, that everybody is picking on you wanting to buy beverages.

I didn't grow up in poverty, but we did not eat out at nice restaurants growing up. So eating at McDonald's or even Long John Silver's was a huge treat, and personally, as a child, I REALLY looked forward to the soda just as much as the food. We drank water at home, so soda was such a special thing. I would have been disappointed if I didn't get a soda, and almost would have wanted to wait to go, so I could have had beverage treat with my quarter-pounder with cheese, LOL.

I don't understand why that reflects so poorly upon you and your children to want to get a lemonade. People are being sort of mean, imo, and also making fun of your budget, not cool...
Too Old For This %^&
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Flavored lemonades are $5 each. If they REALLY want to go, they can skip that, for one. And $12 for fried mac and cheese can be an entree, not an app. Ridiculous to say they HAVE to have these things.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm I feel kind of bad, that everybody is picking on you wanting to buy beverages.

I didn't grow up in poverty, but we did not eat out at nice restaurants growing up. So eating at McDonald's or even Long John Silver's was a huge treat, and personally, as a child, I REALLY looked forward to the soda just as much as the food. We drank water at home, so soda was such a special thing. I would have been disappointed if I didn't get a soda, and almost would have wanted to wait to go, so I could have had beverage treat with my quarter-pounder with cheese, LOL.

I don't understand why that reflects so poorly upon you and your children to want to get a lemonade. People are being sort of mean, imo, and also making fun of your budget, not cool...
Anonymous 6

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm I feel kind of bad, that everybody is picking on you wanting to buy beverages.

I’m a terrible parent. I don’t even regularly let my children order soda if it comes with their meal 😂. I’m one of those “soda or dessert?” moms at least 75% of the time we eat out....unless we are on vacation!!!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You are right, they don't HAVE to eat there at ALL. None of it is necessary and therefore per your definition, technically ridiculous. So why aren't posters mocking them for even wanting to experience CheeseCake Factory? IDK, but the line in the sand is drawn, "$20 dollars for a huge fat filled entree is fine, BUT damn, $5 lemonades are ridiculous" *rolls eyes*

But people shame them for their wants? They want to have a fizzy lemonade treat, they obviously don't get but once a year, IF THAT??? I think it's mean to mock & ridicule them for that. You can disagree.
Too Old For This %^& wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm Flavored lemonades are $5 each. If they REALLY want to go, they can skip that, for one. And $12 for fried mac and cheese can be an entree, not an app. Ridiculous to say they HAVE to have these things.

KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Take out beats sitting down any day of the week anyway. We LOVE ordering to go, and enjoying the comforts of home while we eat.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:31 pm You are right, they don't HAVE to eat there at ALL. None of it is necessary and therefore per your definition, technically ridiculous. So why aren't posters mocking them for even wanting to experience CheeseCake Factory? IDK, but the line in the sand is drawn, "$20 dollars for a huge fat filled entree is fine, BUT damn, $5 lemonades are ridiculous" *rolls eyes*

But people shame them for their wants? They want to have a fizzy lemonade treat, they obviously don't get but once a year, IF THAT??? I think it's mean to mock & ridicule them for that. You can disagree.
Too Old For This %^& wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm Flavored lemonades are $5 each. If they REALLY want to go, they can skip that, for one. And $12 for fried mac and cheese can be an entree, not an app. Ridiculous to say they HAVE to have these things.

But this happens in every post. Don’t you know you should buy all your children’s clothes at thrift shops, never spend more than $8 on anything for yourself, never eat out, and only buy the food that’s on sale at the grocery store? Shall I go on? Half the women on this site would have a stoke if I posted my monthly credit card statement.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:31 pm You are right, they don't HAVE to eat there at ALL. None of it is necessary and therefore per your definition, technically ridiculous. So why aren't posters mocking them for even wanting to experience CheeseCake Factory? IDK, but the line in the sand is drawn, "$20 dollars for a huge fat filled entree is fine, BUT damn, $5 lemonades are ridiculous" *rolls eyes*

But this happens in every post. Don’t you know you should buy all your children’s clothes at thrift shops, never spend more than $8 on anything for yourself, never eat out, and only buy the food that’s on sale at the grocery store? Shall I go on? Half the women on this site would have a stoke if I posted my monthly credit card statement.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:44 pm

No one gives a shit unless the OP or some anontwat is trying to play peacock and have a pissing match over how much they spend on name brand crap to feign superiority over others on the post.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

The fact that you use credit on non big ticket items would give me a hypothetical stroke
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:01 pm

The fact that you use credit on non big ticket items would give me a hypothetical stroke
I pay the balance in full every month and earn lots of rewards points. It’s easier than carrying around a bunch of cash. How do you pay for groceries?
Locked Previous topicNext topic