Kathy Bates on MeToo: 'In my day, if you went to a guy’s hotel room, you knew why you were going'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:11 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Sorry bacon but after your little tantrum and starting shit with me today I can’t talk about a serious subject with you because I don’t take you seriously. Your opinion and thoughts on my posts have no value. You are only good for a laugh and entertaining drama.
A serious subject that you dismiss at a whim because Blackmail makes rape okay in your eyes. You know you could just ignore me.....wait...we've tried that before. LOL
You are doing a bang up job ignoring me in your post. But that post is in the fight club. This is news and politics. I’ll give you attention there but not here.
I never said I was going to ignore you. You said you were going to ignore me, or rather " you couldn't with me anymore", you've failed spectacularly on that by the way. As for here, I'm TRYING to stick to the topic at hand, about your statement that it's not rape if there's blackmail/coercion involved because the victim can always say "NO", but you keep bringing up the fight club post.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:16 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 pm

A serious subject that you dismiss at a whim because Blackmail makes rape okay in your eyes. You know you could just ignore me.....wait...we've tried that before. LOL
You are doing a bang up job ignoring me in your post. But that post is in the fight club. This is news and politics. I’ll give you attention there but not here.
I never said I was going to ignore you. You said you were going to ignore me, or rather " you couldn't with me anymore", you've failed spectacularly on that by the way. As for here, I'm TRYING to stick to the topic at hand, about your statement that it's not rape if there's blackmail/coercion involved because the victim can always say "NO", but you keep bringing up the fight club post.
I said I was going to ignore you in my post that you started shit in. Look, this is news and politics. I’m not doing this shit in here. This is the big girl group. I know it’s confusing for you but take that shit to the fight club and bring your big girl panties in here. Talk about news or politics and not your fragile ego. So now I will ignore you in this post.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Wasn't weinstein recorded asking an actress to touch his penis and she kept saying no and he kept pressuring her? ugh, nasty.

this is a tough one, sexual harassment shouldnt be allowed but women consent to exchanging S*x for money and favors all of the time and call it "empowerment". the only solution is for studios to come up with some standards for hollywood like most corporate workplaces do. however, many women would be disappointed to see their "power" taken from them.

and how will this be enforced? leo dicaprio trades up his girlfriends constantly. those 20 somethings are also using him for money/fame, is that wrong? if he gets a lover a part in a film because of his connections, only because she slept with him, is that considered consensual. what about hugh hefner types? he mixed business and S*x, most of them do to some capacity. a lot of gray area would need to be addressed.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:30 pm Wasn't weinstein recorded asking an actress to touch his penis and she kept saying no and he kept pressuring her? ugh, nasty.

this is a tough one, sexual harassment shouldnt be allowed but women consent to exchanging S*x for money and favors all of the time and call it "empowerment". the only solution is for studios to come up with some standards for hollywood like most corporate workplaces do. however, many women would be disappointed to see their "power" taken from them.

and how will this be enforced? leo dicaprio trades up his girlfriends constantly. those 20 somethings are also using him for money/fame, is that wrong? if he gets a lover a part in a film because of his connections, only because she slept with him, is that considered consensual. what about hugh hefner types? he mixed business and S*x, most of them do to some capacity. a lot of gray area would need to be addressed.
Weinstein was such a scum bag and Leo is no better. Sick assholes who look at women as objects.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:26 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:16 pm

I said I was going to ignore you in my post that you started shit in. Look, this is news and politics. I’m not doing this shit in here. This is the big girl group. I know it’s confusing for you but take that shit to the fight club and bring your big girl panties in here. Talk about news or politics and not your fragile ego. So now I will ignore you in this post.
I'm trying.

It is still rape if a person uses blackmail or coercion in order to make their victim comply.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 pm Because blackmail makes it okay to rape. Doesn't it bunbun?
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:33 pm

I agree that it’s morally wrong. I disagree that it’s rape even if some laws in some places call it rape. A woman has a choice and a voice. She can practice using both.
You really should stick to your tantrum in your post where every other reply is “ my post, f**k off”. Like a two year old with a potty mouth.
Why do you lower yourself to her level?
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I agree with her but I still can't get over her claim that met invited her to their hotel rooms. :lol:
KAG
Mean Girl
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Some of the behaviors of these men are repulsive.

Some of the women who willingly play into it are no better.

I just listened to a coworker last week argue that stripping and prostitution were so empowering to women. So warped. Men should not treat women like they are just S*x objects. Women should not act like thats what they are.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:35 am
Carpy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:09 am
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 pm

You really should stick to your tantrum in your post where every other reply is “ my post, f**k off”. Like a two year old with a potty mouth.
I don’t mind giving thirsty bitches the attention they need when it’s done in the right place at the right time. Sometimes they need a little drama. She was just too desperate to Spread that drama here and I shut her ass down. She had enough in the fight club.
I guess I lower myself to her level because in those group my value has been reduced to her level. That’s my cm past. In here I can have actual conversations with big girls.
It makes you look like as much of a drama queen as they are.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:25 am
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:35 am
Carpy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:09 am

I don’t mind giving thirsty bitches the attention they need when it’s done in the right place at the right time. Sometimes they need a little drama. She was just too desperate to Spread that drama here and I shut her ass down. She had enough in the fight club.
I guess I lower myself to her level because in those group my value has been reduced to her level. That’s my cm past. In here I can have actual conversations with big girls.
It makes you look like as much of a drama queen as they are.
I know but I don’t care. I don’t take it that seriously. Cafemom mom confessions was all about drama. I can be a drama queen in one post in a group like the fight club and turn around and talk news in another post in news and politics. This site isn’t a serious site. It’s a spin off from the biggest drama filled group on cafemom. It’s in the site name. Mom confessions 2.0 I knew there would be drama when I joined so it doesn’t bother me. How people see me doesn’t bother me either. People should go by my interaction with them and not my interaction with drama queens. If they can’t do that then I don’t take their opinion seriously anyway.
Locked Previous topicNext topic