My ex is demanding that DD watch his gf's kids for free

Unread post

DD is 16 and got a summer job. My ex was not happy because he was counting on her to watch "his" kids aka his gfs kids. They live together and his gf moved in about a year ago. They are not married and have no plans to get married as far as anyone knows

They push that her kids are family to DD but she doesnt see them as family. She has babysat a few times here and there but she didnt want to do it a lot.

When her dad said he wanted her to watch the kids she said she would as long as he paid her what she would make if she had a real job. He said no, family should do this for family. DD said she would not watch them unless she is paid. She wants to save up money to have some extra spending money during the school year

My ex is saying really awful things about her. I havent always gotten along with him but I think it is really low what is he doing. He is calling her things like "Selfish bitch"

I am glad DD is standing up for herself I just wish her dad could handle it better. His gf's kids are not her job.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

At this point, I'd let my 16-year old daughter decide if she even wants to be around/visit a dad that would call her a "selfish bitch," and especially over something like this.

Unread post

I see this post every couple weeks. How many times can people recycle posts.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He sounds like an asshole. If I were your DD I’d be done going to his home at all for a long while.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 am I see this post every couple weeks. How many times can people recycle posts.
How hard is it for you to understand that this is something pretty common that happens? Kids grow up and want to do their own thing. That is normal
lwalker270
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I'd tell him to get bent. I'm all for kids helping out, but he's wrong in this case.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 am I see this post every couple weeks. How many times can people recycle posts.
I just got off the phone with my Bil. He is telling me that it's my daughters fault that his summer visitation with his kids got cut short. My daughter wouldnt quit her lifeguarding job and go stay with Mil so she could babysit his 3 kids for 12 hours a day for free. ExSil is coming to get her kids today. My daughter and I were both called selfish bitches for that
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd remind him she's nearly an adult and can cut ties with him shortly. You can't force a kid to see anyone as family especially when they didn't ask for the aforementioned 'siblings'. And for calling his own dd a bitch I'd put my foot up his ass. Be mad, but be courteous about it. we wouldn't be rushing to do visitation.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

She's at the age where they usually let the kids decide where to live/visit. If he wants to take it to court, let him explain to the judge that he wants her to babysit his live-in lover's kids for free instead of getting an actual job. Any judge with an ounce of common sense won't allow her to be used as a resource for Dad's girlfriend.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What a prick!
Locked Previous topicNext topic