Interesting facts about where you live.

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I live in NH

We have no seat belt laws over the age of 18.
No helmet laws over the age of 18
No mandatory car insurance if you own your vehicle out right.
We have no sales or income tax
  • 1. Captain John Smith named New Hampshire after the town of Hampshire, England.

2. Sarah Josepha Hale author and journalist who wrote the poem "Mary Had a Little Lamb" in 1830 is from Newport, New Hampshire.

3. The first free public library in the United States was established at Peterborough in 1833.

4. Levi Hutchins of Concord invented the first alarm clock in 1787.

5. New Hampshire adopted the first legal lottery in the twentieth century United States in 1963.

6. The first potato planted in the United States was at Londonderry Common Field in 1719.

7. Alan Bartlett Shepard Jr., the first American to travel in space is from East Derry, New Hampshire.

8. Of the thirteen original colonies, New Hampshire was the first to declare its independence from Mother England -- a full six months before the Declaration of Independence was signed.

9. The highest wind speed recorded at ground level is at Mt. Washington, on April 12, 1934. The winds were three times as fast as those in most hurricanes.

10. New Hampshire is the only state that ever played host at the formal conclusion of a foreign war. In 1905, Portsmouth was the scene of the treaty ending the Russo-Japanese War.
Got to love the live free or die state.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A friend actually signed up to be a part of The Free State Project years ago. I don’t think they ever got enough people though. Y’all almost got invaded. Lol
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Im in nyc.
Times square was named after the new york times.(i just learned this)
The first pizzeria in the US was here
There are about 800 languages spoken here.
And parking in brooklyn is nearly impossible.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not really sure we have anything interesting about us here in Ohio but it seems like whenever I've talked about the treat Buckeyes we have here no one that isn't from Michigan or Ohio knows what I'm talking about.

Buckeyes are just basically chocolate and peanut butter shaped like a Buckeye. Nothing crazy but everyone looks at me funny when I've talked about them to non-Ohioans or non-Michiganders.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m in Texas, and assuming the establishment allows it, you can take your minor child or spouse and they can drink in a bar.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:48 am I’m in Texas, and assuming the establishment allows it, you can take your minor child or spouse and they can drink in a bar.
WOW!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

1.) Atlanta houses the busiest airport in the world.

2.) There are over 55 streets with the name Peachtree here.

3.) Atlanta boasts the largest drive in restaurant in the world.

4.) It is the only city in the US that has been completely destroyed ( burnt down by General Sherman during the Civil War)

5.) Headquarters to Delta airlines

6.) Headquarters to Coca Cola.

7.) 3rd in the nation for film production. We constantly have films/shows being filmed here. The Rock is currently here filming and has been sighted at the aquarium...TWD is filmed close to me, as well as tons of other stuff.

8.) Home to many rappers/ bands/singers.

9. ) Only one of 2 cities to house 2 Nobel Peace Prize winners. ( Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and former President Jimmy Carter)

10.) Home to Margaret Mitchell- author of Gone With the Wind. ( she wrote it because she fell and hurt her ankle)
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We’re a town of just over 500? Oh and we’re getting a new BBQ place, it’s the talk of the town.

Oh and we have a new 9.5 million dollar STEM approved elementary school.

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:48 am I'm not really sure we have anything interesting about us here in Ohio but it seems like whenever I've talked about the treat Buckeyes we have here no one that isn't from Michigan or Ohio knows what I'm talking about.

Buckeyes are just basically chocolate and peanut butter shaped like a Buckeye. Nothing crazy but everyone looks at me funny when I've talked about them to non-Ohioans or non-Michiganders.
Im from NC and know exactly what you are talking about.. .
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Thats all pretty cool
Locked Previous topicNext topic