Should you get the sale price?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Your kid wants a controller (Wired switch pro pad) price is 24.99 New. He got some gift cards for Christmas and wants to use them on a couple of controllers.

There are 2 random controllers (Of the type he wants) marked on sale for 18.74. This is obviously because a price wasn't changed on them after the Christmas Sale since all the other ones even of the same color are marked 24.99.

Do you expect to get the 2 controllers for 18.74 as marked or should you be charged 24.99?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You get the price they are marked. The store should honor that.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If it’s marked 18.74 that’s the price I’m expecting to pay(minus discounts or coupons).
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes you're entitled to the sale price. Truth in advertising/bait and switch and all that. You're well within your rights to press for the lower amount.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The price that they are marked
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The price they are marked, but take pictures of the items and the price tag while on the display. Make sure you take a wide angle shot to include the store and possibly an employee.
If the manager refuses to give you the sale then inform them you will contact the corporate office and post the pictures all over social media.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You should get the price they are marked.

I was once shopping in Target for underwear for both DH and DS (adult sizes). I went back to the men's dept and found the underwear and picked the packages they needed. There was a sign on the wall advertising a sale on a certain brand so that drove part of my decision on what to pick. Got up to the register and they didn't ring at that advertised sale price. I mentioned it to the cashier and patiently waited while she radio'd someone to check it out. Turns out someone forgot to take down an old sale sign but the cashier didn't even hesitate to give me the sale price since it was clearly their fault.

A store that would argue with you about giving you the $18 price is not a store I would want to shop at. It would cost them more in bad publicity to fight you than it would cost them to just give it to you and then take the signs down.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We would honor the tag at my job. Sometimes we forget to take sale tags down. It happens.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:48 pm You should get the price they are marked.

I was once shopping in Target for underwear for both DH and DS (adult sizes). I went back to the men's dept and found the underwear and picked the packages they needed. There was a sign on the wall advertising a sale on a certain brand so that drove part of my decision on what to pick. Got up to the register and they didn't ring at that advertised sale price. I mentioned it to the cashier and patiently waited while she radio'd someone to check it out. Turns out someone forgot to take down an old sale sign but the cashier didn't even hesitate to give me the sale price since it was clearly their fault.

A store that would argue with you about giving you the $18 price is not a store I would want to shop at. It would cost them more in bad publicity to fight you than it would cost them to just give it to you and then take the signs down.
The associate didn't want to give it to me because "you purposely found the ones that didn't have a price change" (well yeah, that's $6 off each controller, DS can get something else with the extra money) the manager came up and no questions asked changed the price for me.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

They are morally and legally required to sell an item for the price at which it is marked, even if that was a mistake on their part.
Locked Previous topicNext topic