Pneumonia and Christmas

Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:39 am I would blast that irresponsible selfish bitch on fb about dragging a sick child to family functions. Dont listen to some of these alleged medical professionals, they are idiots on their best day.

Patients with uncontrolled diabetes are considered immunosuppressed due to the negative effects of elevated blood sugars on the immune system. Hyperglycemia impairs overall immunity through different mechanisms. ... As a result, skin and soft tissue infections are prominent in diabetes patients with chronic hyperglycemia.
Keep it classy!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:29 am I'm with you OP. Your sister needs to keep her son at home and is being a cheeky fucker bringung him. But since you can't control other people's actions I would be staying home also. Pneumonia takes weeks to get over that shit....Its unbelievable that people don't believe that some diabetics ARE classified as immunecompromised
It's not that unbelievable. If you're controlled well, you're stable. I come from a family with rampant diabetes, and no one's ever had a fear of catching a cold or flu.

If her immunity is that bad, I hope she didn't go out Christmas shopping in the crowds. Who knows what you're touching, what's on the cart handle, and who's breathing on you when you're among the unwashed masses.

My thought was that she's got a secondary diagnosis as a cardiac patient, which is common when you have a primary of diabetes.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Over react much? She didn’t say Mom isn’t a compliant diabetic, but a diabetic.

Hell, my Dad and sister both have controlled diabetes and guess what, my sister is a health professional. Dear Lord I should have bought her a bubble!

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:39 am I would blast that irresponsible selfish bitch on fb about dragging a sick child to family functions. Dont listen to some of these alleged medical professionals, they are idiots on their best day.

Patients with uncontrolled diabetes are considered immunosuppressed due to the negative effects of elevated blood sugars on the immune system. Hyperglycemia impairs overall immunity through different mechanisms. ... As a result, skin and soft tissue infections are prominent in diabetes patients with chronic hyperglycemia.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think you should be okay.. Take necessary precautions like hand washing and so forth..
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've never heard of diabetes making you more susceptible to germs.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Honestly if he is on antibiotics it is more than likely bacterial and not contagious after 24-48hrs after starting antibiotics and sounds like he will be at that 48hrs. So you should all be just fine. I would go and I would tell my parents to still attend as well.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:22 pm I've never heard of diabetes making you more susceptible to germs.
They aren't they are however, more likely to get it ten times as bad due to the diabetes if they were to develop pneumonia which can result in much higher death rates. My dad is type 1 and we are very cautious around this time of year.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sorry everyone, busy couple of days. Thanks for the responses. As I said in the original post, I know nothing about pneumonia. That's why I was asking. I admit I've never had it, and don't know many people that have. What I Googled online said that young children, and people that are diabetic can catch it more easily. I didn't know if that was true, so I thought I would ask for advice from others that might know more than I did. I don't know if he was viral or not. I had no other information other than what I posted here.

He still had a fever of 103 Christmas morning. It ended up getting cancelled because the hosts came down with the flu. I found that out shortly after I posted this.

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would ask what type he has. A couple years ago I filled in at another location for my job and the manager there had pneumonia. This is someone who does work with sick people but they allowed him to work so it must not have been too bad.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I wouldn't go.
Locked Previous topicNext topic