My ex can't seem to understand that I CAN NOT switch weeks!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This is going to be a random vent so if you don't like those leave now....

My ex is always trying to switch weeks with me which I can't do. My kids are in a strict daycare with no openings. They only go half the time so I only have slots for weeks that I have custody. If I tried to switch weeks I would have no daycare for them and I would have to pay for their slots even though they are not even going to be there.

My ex asks multiple times a year to switch and then gets rude with me when I tell him no. He lives with his mom so he never has to worry about childcare because she watches the kids.

He can't seem to understand that the daycare limits a lot of things. Most of the daycares in the area are the same way except for one private daycare that is $2,000 per kid per month who lets you go whenever you want which I can't afford. My ex just pretends like I am being selfish and difficult because I don't want to switch. He has even implied that I am a bad mom because I can't do what is best for the kids- his exact words.

It pisses me off. I just tell him no and stop talking to him about it but it doesn't stop him from sending rude texts. I am over it. Sometimes I wish I could live with my mom and not worry about childcare but I am a grown adult who takes care of myself.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Tell him he can pay for the $2000 a month daycare or he can STFU about switching weeks.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Another "my ex is being unreasonable" post?

Well I'm feeling bitchy today so I'll give my bitchy response of why did you have kids together if you can't even figure out simple shit together?
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

your papers on on your side. Tell him "no" and let it go.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:02 pm Another "my ex is being unreasonable" post?

Well I'm feeling bitchy today so I'll give my bitchy response of why did you have kids together if you can't even figure out simple shit together?
We used to work very well together and not that this is relevant but I didn't know I was pregnant until after we separated.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Daycare? So you have kids 5 and under and already divorced. What a shame. It's gonna be a long road sista.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:02 pm Another "my ex is being unreasonable" post?

You divorce a completely different person than you marry.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What are his reasons for wanting to switch?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:29 pm What are his reasons for wanting to switch?
To take longer vacations, to do specific events, or because family is visiting.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:24 pm Daycare? So you have kids 5 and under and already divorced. What a shame. It's gonna be a long road sista.
I did too. One. He went to preschool. I survived. She will too I'm sure.
For a long time my ex couldn't switch his weekends due to his being on call. It sucked so I get why the ex gets annoyed. But yelling at him wasn't going to do me any good so i sucked it up. I'd tell the ex you want to change YOU call the daycare. Then I'd ignore the texts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic