I am not telling anyone that I won't be coming in for Christmas

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was scheduled to work on Christmas. I work in retail because I was so bored being at home. The store is open from 9am to 12 pm. It is absolutely stupid to be open and almost every single thing in town is closed. My boss just likes to say that we are open 365 days a year.

I requested the day off and they denied it. I am not missing Christmas with my family. I tried to talk to my boss about somehow getting it off even though it was denied and he said no. There is a Christmas party on Christmas eve where the company gets us presents and a nice bonus. I am going to go to that and get my bonus and just not go back.

I know that isn't the best thing in the world but oh well. I am over working this job, it used to be fun but not anymore. My boss is going to be pissed because they will be short staffed but he will have to deal with it himself. If I tell him beforehand I know I won't get my bonus.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Thanks for trolling
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:03 pmThanks for trolling
How am I a troll?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is very unprofessional. You should at least call in that morning and give your notice.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Expect to be let go. That's a real dick move.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:06 pm That is very unprofessional. You should at least call in that morning and give your notice.
Honestly I don't care about professionalism at this point. I rarely ask for time off of work and I have worked a lot of holidays that I did not want to. I won't be doing it this year. Calling in the morning won't make it any better.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So you're an asshole, good for you
Anonymous 1

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:07 pm Expect to be let go. That's a real dick move.
I am done with the place. I never plan on going back even if asked. My boss has a habit of calling people and begging them to come back when they finally move on because we are all more competent than he is. What is a dick move is keeping a store open on a big holiday for no real reason.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:07 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:06 pm That is very unprofessional. You should at least call in that morning and give your notice.
Honestly I don't care about professionalism at this point. I rarely ask for time off of work and I have worked a lot of holidays that I did not want to. I won't be doing it this year. Calling in the morning won't make it any better.
Yes, it will. It will give them warning so they can make a plan.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:10 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:07 pm
Yes, it will. It will give them warning so they can make a plan.
There doesnt need to be a plan. My boss will just have to actually work.
Locked Previous topicNext topic