Bevin pardons include convicted killer whose brother hosted campaign fundraiser for him

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The family of a man pardoned by Gov. Matt Bevin for a homicide and other crimes in a fatal 2014 Knox County home invasion raised $21,500 at a political fundraiser last year to retire debt from Bevin’s 2015 gubernatorial campaign.

The brother and sister-in-law of offender Patrick Brian Baker also gave $4,000 to Bevin’s campaign on the day of the fundraiser, according to the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance database.

A photo of Bevin attending the July 26, 2018, fundraiser at the home of Eric and Kathryn Baker in Corbin was published six days later in a local paper, the News Journal.

Commonwealth’s Attorney Jackie Steele, who prosecuted Patrick Baker and other defendants for the 2014 death of Donald Mills, told The Courier Journal on Wednesday it would be an “understatement to say I am aggrieved” by Bevin’s pardon.

Steele identified Patrick Baker as the brother of Eric Baker, who hosted the Bevin fundraiser at his Corbin home.

The Friday order was one of 428 pardons and commutations Bevin issued since his narrow loss in November to Democrat Andy Beshear, who was sworn into office Tuesday.

The beneficiaries include one offender convicted of raping a child, another who hired a hit man to kill his business partner and a third who killed his parents.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/439 ... ssion=true
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is a person Trump gave his “complete and total endorsement” to as “strong on crime”, and someone he described as “one of the best governors in the US”, who will “never let you down”.

Deleted User 1461

Unread post

😳
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, he had to return the favor....🤢
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bevin always was an idiot. However I do remember Clinton and Obama making some questionable pardons also.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Can you give us some specific examples?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:18 pm Bevin always was an idiot. However I do remember Clinton and Obama making some questionable pardons also.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

But you think you know exactly what I am talking about all the time.

Offhand the Mark Rich pardon from Clinton popped into my mind. His beautiful blonde wife raised a lot of money and was cosy with Bill.

Chelsea Manning and Oscar Lopez Rivera from Obama.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:21 pm Can you give us some examples?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:18 pm Bevin always was an idiot. However I do remember Clinton and Obama making some questionable pardons also.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Deleted User 276

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:28 pm But you think you know exactly what I am talking about all the time.

Offhand the Mark Rich pardon from Clinton popped into my mind. His beautiful blonde wife raised a lot of money and was cosy with Bill.

Obama didn't pardon Chelsea Manning. He commuted the sentence. Manning has and will always have a criminal record. Same with Rivera.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why did Trump, who promised he’d align himself with the best people, campaign so hard for someone who “always was an idiot”, calling him one of the best governors in the United States?

How many child rape and murder charges did Clinton and Obama pardon?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:45 pm
DSamuels wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:28 pm But you think you know exactly what I am talking about all the time.

Obama didn't pardon Chelsea Manning. He commuted the sentence. Manning has and will always have a criminal record. Same with Rivera.
Sorry, I was going by the WaPo headline for the article

“ Forget Chelsea Manning. This is the Obama pardon you should be mad about.”

Locked Previous topicNext topic