The Right again attacks Greta

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/energy ... right-wing

Pointless, ignorant attacks from the right do not faze this young woman.
Science
Climate change
All vitally important issues that are too deep for the Right to understand so they fling insults at Greta.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I like Greta. She deserves a Grammy!

KAG
Mean Girl
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sorry, I thought minors were off-limits 🤔
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh is she a BARONess?!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:56 am I'm sorry, I thought minors were off-limits 🤔
It seems to vary based on who the minor is.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:15 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:56 am I'm sorry, I thought minors were off-limits 🤔
This is an actual attack type of attitude from the right.
The baron/Barron thing was NOT an attack.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:15 pm
When Barron Trump decides he's adult enough to quit school and be paid by powerful men to travel the globe and scream at world leaders, then he's fair game too.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Personally, while I respect her passion and her message, I’m not very impressed by her, TBH. It seems to me she’s just complaining about climate change, which I think most of us ought to do, but she doesn’t propose anything to fight it. It’s very easy to go and complain about things and then just tell others to do something about it. I don’t feel that’s an attitude that’s this worthy of admiration and applause. I think she should educate herself better not only on the issue of climate change itself, but on the other repercussions those who can do something about it face. Because there are other considerations, economic and social, that make this a complex issue that you cannot just tell governments to “just fix it for me”. That way she could spread a better message and really be someone contributing to solving the problem.

But it seems that sadly, we tend to admire people who talk the talk and ignore those who walk the walk and remain quiet. I once posted here about Boyan Slat, a young man that at the same age as Greta realized there is an environmental problem and he focused on cleaning the oceans. He didn’t go around the world bitching about it, he researched, educated himself and invented a system to rid the oceans of plastic pollution. Where are his pats in the back? His magazine covers? He’s DOING something about it, not only demanding that others do and reveling in the applause.

This is the website of the organization he created: https://theoceancleanup.com/
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 pm Personally, while I respect her passion and her message, I’m not very impressed by her, TBH. It seems to me she’s just complaining about climate change, which I think most of us ought to do, but she doesn’t propose anything to fight it. It’s very easy to go and complain about things and then just tell others to do something about it. I don’t feel that’s an attitude that’s this worthy of admiration and applause. I think she should educate herself better not only on the issue of climate change itself, but on the other repercussions those who can do something about it face. Because there are other considerations, economic and social, that make this a complex issue that you cannot just tell governments to “just fix it for me”. That way she could spread a better message and really be someone contributing to solving the problem.

But it seems that sadly, we tend to admire people who talk the talk and ignore those who walk the walk and remain quiet. I once posted here about Boyan Slat, a young man that at the same age as Greta realized there is an environmental problem and he focused on cleaning the oceans. He didn’t go around the world bitching about it, he researched, educated himself and invented a system to rid the oceans of plastic pollution. Where are his pats in the back? His magazine covers? He’s DOING something about it, not only demanding that others do and reveling in the applause.
That’s awesome! 👏
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Actually this is old news. This is from September. This was already brought up and discussed. This happened before the whole Barron thing. The left were upset at Trumps sarcasm. Then they turn around and used Trumps son to attack Trump and that was perfectly fine.
The difference between Greta and Barron is Greta put herself out there. She is an activist. She is yelling at adults. She puts herself in the politics and can be expected to be criticized. Barron is not put out there, is not an activist and is not in politics. He is a young child being kept out of politics and the left thinks it’s ok to use him to attack Trump but get upset whenever you say something about Greta.
Locked Previous topicNext topic